Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel
$111
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
1,894 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeshibuya stationsky view roomtop floorcorner roomstar hotelmt fujiminute walkbusiness hotelexcellent hotelcity viewpark hyattspacious roomlost in translationtokyo standardsjapanese standardslocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We are a family with 3 boys (4/6/11 yrs) We stayed in a triple room with city view for 4 nights from April 12-16 2013. Our room is on the 21st floor; the room is spacious and bathroom is nice. The 3 beds in our room are twin beds. The third one is a real bed not the extra bed so it was comfy. There was still room for a baby cot but we didn't get to use it. The view from our room is a plain boring city view. We arrived at late night and the female porter was very helpful. Check in and check out was quick because we prepaid for the room.

The hotel is well located. it's 5 minutes away from Shibuya JR station. You just walk out the hotel and cross the street to reach the station. The hotel is, however, not in the middle of Shibuya area. There's a nice soba restaurant near the hotel in case breakfast in not included in your stay. The airport shuttle bus stops at the basement which makes it very convenient for us.

The down side is there was no complimentary bottled water in room and you have to pay for aboyt 1000 yen/day for WIFI which was quite disappointing. You could ask for travel size Shisedo cosmetics sets rom the housekeeper. But I would rather have a bottled water :)

Information desk staff is helpful.

I would consider staying here again because of its location and spacious room. Though I would rather be closer to Shibuya crossing if possible.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2013

A very comfortable hotel in the heart of Shibuya. We stayed for 2 nights on our arrival in Tokyo and had a spacious triple room with an amazing view and excellent bathroom. The building is an amazing landmark so we found it very useful if we happened to get lost in the streets around Shibuya.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The hotel is 5 minutes away from the JR station and within walking distance to all the shops, restaurants, bars in Shibuya. We liked the bar on the top floor which had fantastic views of the city and very capable bartenders. The concierge provided great local restaurant recommendations which we appreciated. The room and bathroom were spacious and clean but somewhat tired. The negative for us was that you needed to pay to access the swimming pool.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel is certainly deserving of its 5-star rating! Located in Shibuya, it is a 1.5 hour (weekday traffic condition) journey from the Narita Airport via the Narita Limousine service. The JR station is a mere 5 min walk from the Hotel and the major shopping areas of Shibuya are nearby. I stayed on level 26 in a corner room. The room is clean and relatively spacious, especially the bathroom. I am pretty particular when it comes to hotel bathroom, and I must say that Cerulean Tower did not disappoint. There is a luxurious feel to the bathroom and one can look at the skyline while taking a soak in the bath tub. The bed is okay and decently good but not the most comfortable I have experienced. The staff are extremely polite and proactive, and never failing to bow to guests when they return to the hotel. I did not try the eateries in the hotel but there is a good and affordable Soba eatery very near the hotel. If there is one thing I like least, it must be the lack of free wi-fi in the hotel. Even the lobby does not provide free wi-fi. Overall, I still recommend the hotel highly for the comfort and the good service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leejk78
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel for 6 nights whilst we took a city break. The hotel is spotlessly clean, the staff are attentive and it is in a fantastic location close to Shibuya station and ample restaurants and convenience stores.

We booked via Expedia and had a twin non smoking room on the 22nd floor, the views were brilliant and the beds were very comfy with a choice of two pillows. The room is cleaned daily if requested and you are given a robe and slippers as well as copious amounts of toiletries! As many other reviews state, the rooms are very big as is the bathroom.

Each day we decided to source our own meals, sometimes purchasing snacks from the 7eleven which is accessible via the escalator near the entrance. Most of the action is over the bridge from the hotel, 5 minute walk.There is a Tully's coffee shop and excellent food hall at the Tokyu department store ( it makes Selfridges look poor!). I'd also recommend the Ginza cozy corner which served amazing chiffon cakes. We managed to eat well each evening for between £8-£10. Shibuya has every food type you could wish for, we stuck to the Japanese options which included an amazing sushi place where you order via touch screen and it arrives on a track! There are the usual KFC and McDonalds for those less adventurous!

It is easy to get around and the station gives you easy access to the main sites. We took the limousine service to and from the airport, it costs 3000 yen, which is around £24 pound each way. It is convenient and drops you off outside the hotel. You should pre book your return journey though.

The staff at the hotel spoke good English, they booked us a visit to a tea ceremony and helped us locate tube stations aswell as providing us with local area maps. I couldn't fault them, they also gave me some plasters when I'd hurt my foot.

I am pleased that I chose this hotel. There are many facilities we didn't use as we were on a budget and wanted to sample what Shibuya had to offer.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends