“Cute but nothing special ”

Aoyama Flower Market Tea House
Ranked #22 of 9,581 Restaurants in Shibuya
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

Got there at around noon, lunch time and there was a line of about 10 people, maybe. Waited for 45 minutes to be seated. The eating area is of an ok size, small tables though. They have tables and a counter facing the window with greenery outside (the tea house is in the basement). I wouldn’t put this spot as a must to do activity in Tokyo. Fancy, yes, cute, yes, but nothing special (plus pricey). However the tea and the food I ordered were amazing. Both presentation and taste. For French toast and a carafe of earl grey tea I paid about $17. Food does take a long time to be served (compared to ramen shops, I guess). Mine took about 30 minutes. But then again, the restaurant was quite busy. The attached flowers shop is pretty, interesting flower arrangement. I wouldn’t bring small kids to this place, as in my opinion there’s nothing there of interest to kids, plus many glass vases in the flower shops, that can be broken, potentially. They do have a menu in English and they do accept credit cards

1  Thank jktrock

Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

Despite the underwhelming photography, the mince & rice dish I had was fantastic. Super tasty and the first time I’ve ever encountered hot avocado with an egg poached in it.

The cafe itself is gorgeous with flowers everywhere.

Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

We came here twice and in our 4 days in Tokyo. Love the food and ambience. The staff really took pride in preparing the meal as well as decorating the place. Did not get any flowers as we did not want to bring any home. But this is a worthy place of your time to visit for a real meal or just high tea.
We had the farmer’s rice, the season special, pancakes as well as Sakura milk and a few different tea. Would recommend all of the dishes. I feel that the teas are so-so if you compare to TWG.
They serve ice water. And there is a toilet in the store for customers.

Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

The tea house was so pretty! The flowers are amazing and the room is so inviting. We had tea and dessert. The parfait was amazing! And the tea was also delicious. Recommend a visit!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

We took the train to Omotesando Station - using the A4 exit. It was a beautiful cafe, part of a florist.
The fresh scent of roses and other flowers filled the air. It was a setting amidst a cafe garden - leaves and flowers surrounding you at your table.
A variety of tea and food was available.

Date of visit: November 2018