“A lovely place for lunch/brunch/dinner”

Aoyama Flower Market Tea House
Ranked #22 of 9,629 Restaurants in Shibuya
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

We came here twice and in our 4 days in Tokyo. Love the food and ambience. The staff really took pride in preparing the meal as well as decorating the place. Did not get any flowers as we did not want to bring any home. But this is a worthy place of your time to visit for a real meal or just high tea.
We had the farmer’s rice, the season special, pancakes as well as Sakura milk and a few different tea. Would recommend all of the dishes. I feel that the teas are so-so if you compare to TWG.
They serve ice water. And there is a toilet in the store for customers.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

The tea house was so pretty! The flowers are amazing and the room is so inviting. We had tea and dessert. The parfait was amazing! And the tea was also delicious. Recommend a visit!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

We took the train to Omotesando Station - using the A4 exit. It was a beautiful cafe, part of a florist.
The fresh scent of roses and other flowers filled the air. It was a setting amidst a cafe garden - leaves and flowers surrounding you at your table.
A variety of tea and food was available.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank RovingRascal
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Arrived on a rainy Sunday afternoon and lined up outside. Sign at the entrance quoted a 30 minute wait. We waited on line for 40 minutes. The line didn’t budge at all. I don’t think even a single party ahead of us was seated in the full 40 minutes we were there. My wife took a look inside while I continued to wait on line, and she noted that there were 4 empty tables. The staff was completely uninterested in utilizing the open tables and barely acknowledged the 20 or so people waiting outside. They seemed content to have us all waste our afternoon.

It’s a pretty flower shop - which you can visit without waiting in line - but waiting for the tea room was just a total waste of time. We gave up and left. Only go here if you’re willing to commit most of your afternoon to it.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

I love this place and I couldn't help but to spam my social media acct with photos from Aoyama Flower Market! This season's theme is Autumn Roses. Was there 30min before opening hours so we were second in line. There was already quite a queue by the time it was 11am. The shop opens on the dot and we were awed to the greetings of Autumn roses in the cafe! The section if the cafe looks like a clear Greenhouse that is extensively decorated with hanging plants and...!!!! Autumn roses by your seats!!! I have never been so much surrounded with plants and roses while having brunch! It was really a therapeutic experience, away from the City stress.

My friend and I ordered their classic French toast and Rice with Minced meat and Avocado.
For tea, we have Jardin, Isa--- I can't remember that name.

Food was really tasty!!! It is useless if the cafe only looks good but serves bad food but they didn't disappoint our tastebuds!
There were alot of tourists around too. Soon after we got in, the queue outside started becoming longer!!!

Jardin has a slight fruity taste while the other one has a very flowery taste.

We spent about 2hours in the cafe because we had a dessert serving later on. It was a place where we thought the time actually stopped for us to enjoy every moment.

The dessert didn't taste as good mainly because I had a better one at Yokohama English Garden where they serve rose softserve. Aoyama's rose parfait has some rose jelly but it could have been better if the softserve was rose flavoured too.

Overall, it was a beautiful sight and we had wonderful memories. The theme changes every season or weeks(?) so you will never get tired of the same decorations~~~

Was there for a lady's hangout.

Date of visit: October 2018