“Thursday night? Nah.”
Review of Womb Tokyo

Womb Tokyo
Ranked #5 of 102 Nightlife in Shibuya
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We were hoping this place would rock as alot of the reviews say but it didn't. For Thursday night only a small lounge was open and maybe 30 people were there. I have to say that it was worth seeing how Japanese people are partying but for Thursday this place was too expensive and had too little people. Maybe next time I get to see it on Saturday night ;)

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I went to Womb on a friday night. This is a very big club covering four floors. The entry fee is expensive, 3000 yen without drinks but a promoter got us in for 2000 yen.

From what I remember, the music was great (if you're into house music) pretty much the same across all floors this club and the drink are average price for big clubs, 600 yen for a shot of tequila. This place is not very "touristy" and the japanese crowd are very fun to party with.

It was a fun experience but then again everything is when you're wasted :)

5  Thank April_Says
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had fun but the music was good that night, If it was terrible music i dont think the 3000Yen entry would be close to worth it

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I needed to check out this place due to the fact that I heard some nice things about it before, here is my recap:

- Saturday night: What can I say? Everyone in party mode, a great sound and lighting system, a music that even sober would invite you to bounce, cute girls, and all of the sudden when everything shuts down, prepared to see the bright daylight. (the main room had no visible window), so time can go out fast.

- Sunday night: Wasn't expecting much due to the day, but it was a holiday, first the main room was closed, so only the "lounge" area is open, but it is not even a great one, second the music was just commercial dance... where is the techno? I wondered. Yet the prices were as steep as the night before. And when I tried to go out to have a bite, they told me I needed to pay the cover again. NO way I will repay for that lousy night.

Yet Saturday had a great music and the experience was awesome, drinks as usual, not quite cheap, I would say they average between 10 and 20 USD which is steep, well, at least you don't need to tip. (no I am not a cheap stake, there is no tipping in Japan), is charged already.

2  Thank Alain F
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I have been to womb twice. One time was a rainy cold night in October with no headliner....boring, empty..too expensive,

The second time I went was for Calvin Harris' Japan Tour. OMG the sound system in Womb is amazing, EVERYONE was there to party and enjoy the music but boy was it crowded. Womb is a great club in terms of space and set-up, but if you walk in sober it is def noticeably shabby and way over crowded.

One interesting thing about Japan is that the politeness goes out the window in the bar or the club. I have never been pushed so much and so roughly in my life ANYWHERE.

I think your enjoyment here depends on how tolerant you are of being pushed and how drunk you are plus how much you like the headliner.

I will say it was a memorable experience.

1  Thank Kendra J