“Breakfast”

Reserve a Table
Ranked #39 of 9,583 Restaurants in Shibuya
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Description: Yoshinoya was established in 1899 at the riverside fish market of Nihonbashi in Tokyo. For over 100 years since then it has dedicated itself to serving "Tasty, Cheap and Quick" gyu-don dishes (beef rice bowl), delighting all its customers with its food and service. In addition to gyu-don, the restaurant serves gyukarubi-don (beef short ribs on rice), featuring grilled rib meat with an aromatic soy sauce, and unaju (grilled eel rice box), made of carefully-selected, plump eel meat flavored with the house-special soy sauce. Table seating is available for families, friends and colleagues to enjoy a conversation. Child seats and a children's menu are available. Please feel free to ask. Yoshinoya rises to the challenge of serving "Tasty, Cheap and Quick" food that is popular with all generations.
Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

I had a good experience at Yoshinoya. I like the food, service and price point. I ate breakfast with my boyfriend there twice during our visit in Tokyo. I recommended this place everyone!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed May 2, 2018

I used to go to Yoshinoya when I lived in Tokyo during the 1990s. Back then, I must say, the lunch set menu was not bad at all. Come circa 2018 I swear the meat in the meanwhile has changed colour ! It used to be vaguely red, now it is kinda grey. Also, I think the price of a set lunch time meal has gone down ! I seem to recall 650yen was the set price menu. But if you are on a budget you could do worse. Plus it is uniquely Tokyo.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank U3248HAronh
Reviewed April 12, 2018

In the Narita airport in Tokyo, Japan I stopped in for a taste of an indigenous Japanese beer. The place was called Yoshinoya. This place was near my gate and the beer actually was very good!!! The beer was Kirin and it had a very smooth taste. They also sold and had food there but I had just eaten on the airplane. They also had food all packaged up to buy to take on the plane with you. Pretty neat place but they only took Yen!!!!!!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

The beef bowl is infamous in my country too, but to eat it in the original place is a real deal. Yoshinoya is 'the food' when it comes to travelling in Japan because it's affordable, tasty and fast. You can get free ocha too! This Yoshinoya is located in the second floor. It's a small comfortable place with fast service. Visited this place for dinner and it's near the closing time, but the staff was helpful and kind enough to let us in.

Date of visit: July 2017
2  Thank 557christinad
Reviewed February 19, 2018

My son and I fell in love with this place and their beef and rice bowl. We started going there for breakfast before starting the day and then at night when we came back to the hotel. They even had coupons we collected for discounts. Not fancy...not eleborate and not traditional Just good food at a great price !!

Date of visit: April 2017