“Amazing burgers! Must visit!”
Review of The Great Burger

The Great Burger
Ranked #34 of 7,532 Restaurants in Shibuya
Good for: Romantic
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Manchester
“Amazing burgers! Must visit!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

After 2 weeks of noodle soup we were craving some Western food and found this place on here. It was a bit of a trek from where we were staying, but it was more than worth the trip! Fantastic burgers, great desserts, lovely place and great staff. Couldn't ask for more. If you're visiting Tokyo it's a must visit!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rebecca T

• Korean first
Tampa, FL
“Would go back again”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Great lunch spot away from the crowds in Harajuku. A seat at the small bar gets you served faster. Raspberry shake was very good, but a bit expensive at 700 yen.

• Visited April 2014
Mill Valley, California
“Cute Shop and Kitsch, Burgers and Fries All Right!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was a bit of a trek for us to make out to on a VERY HOT Japanese day in Omotesando.
They had big sodas and water cups etc and a varied menu of burgers and sandwiches.
The decor was really cute and super Americana vintage and some stuff for sale. After witnessing such authentic American gear-my mindset that this would be a classic burger spot and with the name "the Great Burger"- I thought is would be an ODE to The Great (American) Burger.
My kids were dying for a classic grilled cheese. I assumed this meant Bread and Cheese. No.
this meant Cheese, Mayo, Mustard Lettuce and relish?-read the fine print in each sandwhich despite the guy coming to take your order so quickly.
WE had to do OVER and re-order, and it wasn't so easy.
My burger and fries were fine although not "Great" in the american way I was thinking the spot would be. We all were happy with all the different burgers, sandwiches etc that our table of 5 adults and 2 kids ordered. The thing to keep in mind here, like in the UK, is to ask every detail of what is on the burger or order what you specifically want...the chef is proud of his creations and so actually not too happy with customizing...as was also the case with the sandwiches for my kids. AND yes, we had to pay for the mistakes of ordering the grilled cheese~ not reading the details of what is on a Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
YET better than a UK burger in that they have a grill (UK tends to boil burgers-which lends to a terrible taste to get over) and they are making these from scratch etc.
With so many choices in the area...I will need to try some other spots before returning here again. I'd maybe rather a Mo's Burger (Japanese FF Burger Joint) for all the fuss.
The space is very comfortable though. The vibe was very nice!

• Visited August 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Good burger, but that's all”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Came to this place after being turned away at Teddys Bigger Burgers, who stop serving meals from 8pm (you can't be serious).

Tripadviser rated this place. Although its not the easiest to find we eventually found it and were shown to a non-smoking table (a small section at the front of the restaurant without ash trays). As the smoking tables were in the same room and made up 75% of the restaurant its a bit of a push to call the area non-smoking).

We ordered a couple of beers (UK sized pints) and 2 Very Greedy Burgers.

The beers duly arrived, but I was disappointed to see that a third of the glass was froth and not beer. At 1260 yen per pint and having lived in the UK, I found it a but hard to swallow that we were paying 420 yen for froth. I pointed this out to the waitress, but this seemed to fall on deaf ears.

10 minutes later the burgers arrived and they were impressive and tasty. The menu states that the burgers come with fries. And while this is true, the number of fries was rather miserable.

As there was only a fork on the table we had to eat the burger with our fingers, which I don't have a problem with. However, the one tiny paper napkin we each got was totally insufficient to wipe our hands and we both had to take our life in our hands in walking through the dense smoke of the smoking section (it was horrible), to reach the tiny bathroom to clean our hands.

While the burger was good, the rest of the culinary experience left a lot to be desired. We won't be back.

Jakarta, Indonesia
“Lives up to its name!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Read about this place in a Japanese magazine and it took me some time to find it because it's in the back streets of Shibuya, but after awhile I realized there were signs located along the main road to direct patrons in. They have maybe 10 burgers on their menu and all are very well done! Juicy patties, tasty fillings, and accompanied by wonderful fries. This place has a retro feel to it and the staff and patrons look like hipsters….when I visited there were more hipsters just outside Great Burger getting styled and having their photos taken probably for some street style or fashion mag. Would have liked to sit around and people watch but unfortunately the room was cloudy with cigarette smoke so I made a quick exit for some fresh air.

Visited March 2013