“Great Ramen and tourist friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ichiran, Shibuya

Ichiran, Shibuya
Ranked #7 of 7,463 Restaurants in Shibuya
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
“Great Ramen and tourist friendly”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Best i had in Japan, took about 20mins wait for a weekend, they hand out a form in english for you to fill up, spciyness,tickness ect, worth the wait!

• Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Very average”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Went to have dinner here on a friday night around 7, only 4-5 people ahead of me and took less than 10 minutes till we sat down. We only had time to have one ramen meal this trip and initially wanted to try Rokurinsha Ramen on Ramen Street but after hearing so much after Ichiran and how amazing its meant to be, we decided to go ahead with it since I liked the idea of individualised bowls of ramen. But I guess I had really high expectations for it. We were really disappointed. I mean its not BAD but I would definitely not recommend. The egg was very overcooked, boarder-line hard boiled. Wished we went to Rokurinsha instead.

• Visited June 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Hidden Gem in the City”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was travelling around Shibuya and was actually intending to find another restaurant to no avail, when I stumbled upon this restaurant. Although its outer appearance is rather unassuming and humble, do not judge a book by its cover because this restaurant serves one of the best tasting ramen I have ever tasted during my time in Japan. After eating this ramen, which allows you to customise your order (how soft/hard you want your noodles, whether you want pork, how much special spice sauce you want etc), no other ramen would ever taste the same again. To be perfectly honest, I never thought I'd like ramen until I tasted the ramen here - it was that good. Also, they provided instructions in English too so fear not, those who do not understand a single iota of Japanese.

Also, the cubicles where customers eat are separated from each other with partitions, and you do not even see the staff's face due to curtains blocking your view. Due to the partitions, it is difficult for you to make small talk, or talk to your friends unless they're seated right next to you. However, really that should not deter you from trying to eat at Ichiran because really, the ramen is soooo good.

• Visited April 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Tasty ramen, ordered from a vending machine and delivered to your seat”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Talk about an experience you can't find in the U.S.:

- order your Ramen meal from a vending machine
- sit in your "cubby" dining table and customize your bowl of Ramen - and have it delivered to you there!

Tasty, easy ordering and customizing system (once you give it a try) - if we weren't against eating at the same place more than once when we're on vacation - we would have gone back!

• Visited May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Crazy, Simple and Awesome!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

You have to experience this place. Food is great and I've been craving it since we left Tokyo. Prices are reasonable. It's a little hard to find, but totally worth the effort.

1 Thank mjf1848