“One of my regular places ”
Review of Izakaya Vin

Izakaya Vin
Ranked #545 of 9,629 Restaurants in Shibuya
Price range: $17 - $9,246
Cuisines: Bar
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Reviewed December 26, 2018 via mobile

I am an American living in Tokyo for 15 years. This is one of my regular places. Fantastic for wine and French food. One of the only places that offers extensive wine choices in glasses, not bottles. And the wine is amazing. They may not be English speaking, but the food and wine will make up for it. Really a special place.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

I lied the place. Quirky. Good wine list... had the new Beaujolais Noveau 2018 in stock. Found menu a bit confusing... perhaps need a little more guidance but a good experience. Would go back agai

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in by myself in the early evening intending to sample wine and food. Was the only customer. Found the service cold and unwelcoming. Had an appetizer and a nice Burgundy. When my glass was empty, I was not offered more. It was taken away and washed. I got the message and paid my bill.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Jed888
Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

We walked into this Izakaya after dinner and ended up having a salad, duck confit, cheese platter, cherry cake & 6 glasses of wine. Food is good, and we were able to watch the chefs in action cos we sat at the bar. Should have ordered the pork belly, it looked so good! Bottles of wine will be placed in front of you if you're ordering by the glass. There's a standard English menu, but specials are only in Japanese. But their customers are friendly and we chatted with a couple of them to get an idea of what to order. It's a nice place to be in amidst the busy streets of Shibuya, even after dinner! Closes at 1 am so plenty of time.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank BoonNJess
Reviewed March 5, 2016

Three stories - casual wine bar. The food looked great, but were stopped by after dinner, so only tried desserts and wines. The tiramisu was very good. The wine selection was a book-long! Great place!

Date of visit: March 2016