“High quality vegetarian thali”

Priya Indian Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 9,629 Restaurants in Shibuya
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Went to Priya for a midweek dinner with a colleague. We both opted for vegetarian thalis, which were excellent! Service was attentive without being intrusive. I will definitely come back again!

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Best Indian Food we had on vacation. Regret missing it on our first leg of Tokyo trip. Was difficult to find but taste of food and good service cheered all of us.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

Great food, quick service, self immolated because I couldn't stop eating tasty curry.

When it says (Hot) on the menu they mean it. So tasty, but I'm sweating like a Coxney street walker in 1888 at Whitechapel after earning a two pence.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

We stumbled across this restaurant in the street when we were hungry because it smelled so good.

Walking up the stairs to the third floor where it is located, it becomes a bit doubtful whether it is going to be clean or not, but as soon as you open the door to Priya, it's a beautiful restaurant with white linen tablecloths and formal servers.

The first night we went we just had appetizers; samosas and vegetable pakora, which were actually not my favourite - the batter was more dense than I like and I prefer a chutney to the mint yogurt they served. But the main dishes looked and smelled good enough that we made a reservation for dinner a few nights later and we don't regret it!

Although we have never been to India, we have eaten some amazing Indian food at some authentic restaurants in England and Surrey, BC, where we are from - there is a huge Indian population, and the Priya dishes were up there with the best.

I ordered the butter chicken and my husband ordered the chicken vindaloo. Both were up there with the best we have tried, although he said the vindaloo could have been more spicy. My butter chicken was more tomato-y than I am used to, but not in a bad way. The taste was incredible.

The portion sizes are not what we are used to in Canada, but more than enough.

But THE NAAN. We ordered two garlic naan and I think it may have been the best I have ever had. It was piping hot and fresh, buttery, soft, but crispy, and so satisfying. I would go here just for the naan.

The cost was also one of the more reasonable, and definitely one of the highest-quality meals we have had here in Japan. I have posted our receipt to see prices.

The service was very fast and very good - we were served within ten minutes of ordering.

Basically, I highly recommend this restaurant for dinner. Go hungry, and spend some time.

Date of visit: April 2017
2  Thank Anne J
Reviewed January 25, 2017 via mobile

Highly recommended. The food is fabulous and the service is wonderful. Thank you very much, Panda san!

Date of visit: January 2017