“best Indian in Tokyo by far”

Priya Indian Restaurant
Ranked #83 of 8,099 Restaurants in Shibuya
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is a hidden gem.The staff are incredibly accommodating and very friendly but most of all the food is fantastic.They will tailor the food to suit any palate and will take requests for dishes that are not on the menu.Everyone I have recommended this restaurant to has always been just as impressed as I am with it .
Decor is modern and the Bollywood videos in the background a nice touch and creates a good ambience.All in all , excellent

Reviewed March 22, 2013

When my wife and I over excitedly ordered a korma curry together with peshwari Nan and mango chutney the waiter politely informed us that all the dishes we had ordered were sweet and that we might want to change our order. He suggested that we order the massala instead of the korma which we did. After he made that suggestion I remembered eating at Indian restaurants in the past and regretting having ordered peshwari Nan together with a sweet curry. The food was excellent some of the best I've ever had. Together with the great service I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

A regular hang-out for the expat community, including, the Indians, Priya is on the third floor of a dingy looking building. The food is great and includes some things that are not often found in Tokyo - whole cauliflower tandoori, biryanis - together with all the usual stuff. Very friendly and efficient service, a good selection of beers (including a rare Japanese stout) and reasonable prices.

Can be crowded sometimes, and not yet smoke- free, but otherwise fantastic.

1  Thank TravelerFromTokyo
Reviewed December 31, 2012

A friend brought me here on the 20th and was absolutely blown away by what I found and tasted - unequivocally the best Indian food I've eaten in years. Everything was fresh, spiced well, but not overly so. And absolutely NO CREAM in the cooking (which happens to be the bane of Indian food in America). We had mutton curry, along with a flight of appetizers. It was fantastic.

And then the cherry on top was the service, which was nothing short of immaculate. We were doted upon like French royalty, but with the warmth and friendliness of home. The owner, Mr. Pandey, seems to know the business from top to bottom.

Seriously, who would've thought that one could find an authentic home cooked Indian meal in the middle of Tokyo? Go eat here. It's worth your while.

1  Thank mdhar
Reviewed September 4, 2012

One of the better Indian restaurants in Tokyo (and there are surprisingly few) with fairly authentic food, this is a hidden gem on a side street in Hiroo. Skip their thalis and go for a la carte dishes.

1  Thank Ulysses S