Review Highlights
If you can't travel - COOK!

You might not be able to travel these days, but you can still visit Japan for a few hours on a... read more

Reviewed January 29, 2021
Dudley W
Ohio
A great alternative when I couldn’t be there in person!

I’ve been out with Maction Planet previously but with global restrictions this has stunted most... read more

Reviewed January 25, 2021
timbog2000
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Shibuya
1-Day Tokyo Bus Tour
1,057 Reviews
from $124.33
from $178.72
from $157.00
from $211.66
More Info
All reviews his knowledge baseball game tour guide ramen his passion craft beer japanese baseball tokyo tour japanese culture walking encyclopedia other companies personalized itinerary amazing tour amazing sushi engaging personality perfect guide locals know
Selected filters
Reviewed February 25, 2020

Back once again to Tokyo! In my last review of Maction Planet I wrote “I wish he could be my guide on every trip!”. Now I got the chance to make it happen again. On my return to Tokyo I asked for Mac to arrange a number of experiences for me using his exclusive contacts. Thank you Mac for this incredible access.

This is what I enjoyed:

Cooking Class: I was taught sushi making by a wonderful woman who taught cooking to the Japanese PM’s wife as well as many Ambassadors to Japan and other celebrities. We made some amazing sushi together.

Tea Ceremony: This has to be one of Tokyo’s most unique tea ceremonies to which Maction Planet have exclusive access. The tea mistress is one of the most elegant people I have ever met. A calming couple of hours in Tokyo.

Whisky Tasting: We went to a couple of incredible bars in diverse neighbourhoods and I got the chance to try some rare, exclusive whiskies that I didn’t see elsewhere on my trip or, if they did, cost 5x as much!

Sumo Training: Front row at Sumo Training. Unbelievable to see these athletes up close. Mac explained the history and traditions of Sumo. I was so much better equipped than anyone else there to understand this incredible sport.

You should think about spending time with Mac the way you would Tony Robbins, Gary Vaynerchuk, your favorite inspirational figure or celebrity. He is so much more than just a tour guide, although he does that better than anyone. Mac exceeded all expectations in showing parts of Tokyo that have such character. He can explain the history and culture of Japan, which there is no doubt in my mind he can do better than anyone alive. I don't think there was a question he didn't know the answer to! I can't say much more -- you'll have to experience it for yourself. My only reservation in writing this review is that my secret will be out, demand continues to grow (as it clearly already is) and he'll be too busy to help me next time I am in Tokyo.

Stay strong and healthy Mac - Tokyo needs you!

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed February 24, 2020

I love Japan and go there many times. This time I go with my friends. Because I had great experience with Maction Planet I use them again to do some different things in Tokyo, Osaka and Naoshima.

Every time Mac shows me secret place with no tourists and good food and teaches more about Japanese culture. Plus,I started learning about Japanese whisky. He is big expert. Plus the tea ceremony he arrange is so good and special location.

Naoshima is best for art lover like me. Aya was the best guide. She knew everything about the island. We spend three days and see all the good things.

My friend travel to Japan with her family last year and they used a different tour company. She said that Maction Planet was 1000 times better and she wish her family use them.

If you want the best tour in Japan I recommend Maction Planet.

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank yaya11111111
Reviewed February 16, 2020 via mobile

To say that the 4 days we just spent in Tokyo (1st time in Japan) w Mac were Excellent would be an understatement- grade system of 0 to 5 can’t fully capture / measure the Experience ( with a Capital E indeed) - this is a full ‘Matrix’ Immersion experience into Japan’s History, Traditions, Culture, Architecture, Philosophy, Religions and People - all in One - in a way only a truly multidimensional all-encompassing mind like Mac’s can deliver. His attention to his guests needs, his deep deep knowledge and insights are incredible if you truly want to submerse yourself and become a Tokyo citizen for a day, or two, or Seven. Incredible . 7-star Rating TripAdvisor !:)

Date of experience: February 2020
1  Thank Explore739536
Reviewed February 6, 2020

I took my first trip to Tokyo this January and booked an Otaku Tour with Maction Planet. I had a great time on the tour with Mac. He had great knowledge of all the places we went and he provided a ton of information on several locations that were relevant to the movies and manga that I've seen.
The the price of the tours are well worth all the great information and sights that can be seen on the 14 hour tour of the city.
I would definitely recommend this company for anyone visiting Tokyo and wanting to see the best sights in the city for their interests.

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank 930jeffa
Reviewed January 13, 2020

My husband and I were interested in Japan’s history and experiencing local culture off the beaten tourist track. Maction Planet had the tour options we wanted and with so many positive reviews here, we went for it. So glad we did! Mac exceeded all expectations, showing us an eclectic mix of  so many Tokyo places we never could have found ourselves.

From first contact, the Maction Planet team was responsive and detailed. We trusted what they’d put together, and we were not disappointed.

Mac”s an inspirational character and his enthusiasm for every experience is so infectious! The value he brings goes well beyond pointing at buildings and a generic spiel. He’s so engaging and knowledgeable on everything from history and culture to architecture, entrepreneurship and economics!  In no time at all we connected with Mac as if he’d been our best mate forever! We especially enjoyed the whisky tasting and hearing all about the fascinating history of Japanese Whisky!

Mac honestly went above and beyond. He's truly far more than a guide in every respect. We've done a lot of traveling, on many tours with a range of guides  and we can honestly say - so far - he’s simply the best!

He really cares for his guests and even helped us with a few details for other places where we’d booked rival guides, helpfully answering any questions and picking up their slack. Thanks Mac!

Date of experience: November 2019