Review Highlights
If you can't travel - COOK!

You might not be able to travel these days, but you can still visit Japan for a few hours on a... read more

Reviewed January 29, 2021
Dudley W
Ohio
A great alternative when I couldn’t be there in person!

I’ve been out with Maction Planet previously but with global restrictions this has stunted most... read more

Reviewed January 25, 2021
timbog2000
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Shibuya
1-Day Tokyo Bus Tour
1,057 Reviews
from $124.33
from $178.72
from $157.00
from $211.66
More Info
All reviews his knowledge baseball game tour guide ramen his passion craft beer japanese baseball tokyo tour japanese culture walking encyclopedia other companies personalized itinerary amazing tour amazing sushi engaging personality perfect guide locals know
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2019

My family of five recently enjoyed an amazing two days in Tokyo with Mac as our tour guide. Mac is super knowledgeable about Japan and its history and feels more like a friend than a tour guide. I have used tour guides in many different cities, but Mac was, by far, the very best. He kept everyone’s interest and took us to amazing and authentic restaurants. We did a whiskey tour with him one evening and had a great time. He also planned 6 other Japan days for us, including making dinner reservations! He suggested we attend a sumo match, and even arranged to buy us tickets. He is simply the best!!!

6  Thank Laurie L
Reviewed July 19, 2019 via mobile

My family of four (2 adults, 18 y/o, 14 y/o) recently returned from a completely stimulating two week trip to Japan. We began the journey in Osaka and used Maction Planet for our first two days - one tour with Jasmine to Miyajima Island and Hiroshima and the second tour in Kyoto with Ko. We could not have been more pleased with the hospitality of both guides. We are novice tourists to Japan and felt guided tours would be the least stressful navigating this foreign land and allow us to cover the most ground. Both guides were true to Japanese culture and gave us an excellent experience of the area. We were able to see shrines, temples, and gardens, eat Ramon meals, sample Japanese treats at Nishiki market, pet wild deer and Shiba Inus at the cafe, feed wild monkeys, have family photos taken in front of all iconic Japanese sites, learn about Japanese culture and history, place origami cranes at the Children’s Peace Monument (read about Sadako Sasaki if you don’t know the story), visit the Fushimi Inari shrine and the bamboo forest during peak times and avoid crowds. At the tail end of our journey we again used Maction Planet for two full guided days in Tokyo with the company’s owner, Mac. If the beginning tours were not spectacular this experience was the le cream de le cream of guides. Mac gave us the experience of a lifetime between visiting shrines and temples, carousing quirky streets and alleys, witnessing the whir of Shibuya station, feasting on Ramon and sushi, and gathering last minute souvenirs and gifts all over Tokyo - including my unusual affinity for the Don Quixote store. Mac has a genius understanding of Japan, Tokyo especially, travel, people, history, language, food , art - a true renaissance of world culture that humbled my limited American world view. If that is not enough, Mac is of UK origin, and having a British accent just added to the sophistication of the experience. We certainly were the Beverly Hills hillbillies go-to-Japan. I cannot express enough the value of this experience and recommend Maction Planet completely.

4  Thank karensiscoe
Reviewed July 16, 2019

Mac was able to make a totally customized touring plan for our vacation to Tokyo. Mac was an encyclopedia of knowledge about Japan’s history. He was ready and willing to answer mine and my wife’s many questions about every day things in the city. He was able to show us things in 3 days we could’ve never hoped to have seen looking through some of those “Top Things to do in Tokyo” blogs. Temples, historic buildings, amazing architecture, Tokyo pop culture, Japanese history, great food and baseball were just some of the things that sum up our experience with this man. We appreciated his candor and thriftiness with our time. I most enjoyed the baseball game, Go Swallows! Each day was planned thoroughly and packed with things to see. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to maximize their time in the endless city that is Tokyo.

4  Thank Rsherwood13
Reviewed July 1, 2019 via mobile

Mac took my family out for a full day Tokyo excursion that was complete with incredible variety and culture. I left the whole travel planning up to him because I knew from the reviews that he’d have it well arranged. And I was right!! My husband, along with our two teenage boys, enjoyed learning the hidden gems of Tokyo, trying new foods and experiencing the fascinating culture. He took us to places we’d never find on our own and just made Tokyo come to life. We were so pleased with our experience. We’d recommend him a thousand times over. He’s brilliant at his craft!! Thank you again Mac for helping us fall in love with Tokyo!!

8  Thank Q5063QLheatherm
Reviewed June 30, 2019

I've been to Tokyo many times over the past several years, and I'm pretty familiar with the city at this point, so much so that I can and do have a lot of fun there all on my own initiative. *However*, a theme of my trip this past spring was discovering how much someone like Mac can do to add to a confident independent traveler's experience, and to enhance even those things that I (the confident independent traveler) thought I could enjoy without anyone's help.

First up was a hanami (cherry blossom viewing party) in Yoyogi Park organized by Mac and shochu guru Chris Pellegrini. Great drinks, great location, and a great crowd of people. Mac and Chris staked out a prime viewing spot at the crack of dawn and set up a perfect situation that wasn't just easy to access, but was also far more entertaining and complete than anything I would have thrown together on my own. Next was a Tokyo Swallows baseball game, which isn't necessarily a hard thing to access in and of itself, but becomes a whole new, much more dynamic and colorful ballgame (pun intended) when you're attending it with Mac, who is a dedicated Swallows fan who will bring you into the mix with his merry band of fellow Swallows supporters. Finally, Mac's team arranged a singularly unique meal for me at a ramen shop I'd been wanting to eat at for years. Again, it's a shop anyone can walk into, but Mac's team called them in advance and leveraged their special relationship with the shop to make certain very special, very unique requests that would surprise and delight me upon our arriving there, requests I'd have never been able to achieve on my own, even if I spoke the requisite Japanese to ask, which I don't.

In short, if you have no idea how Tokyo works or what it has to offer, Maction Planet is obviously a very wise choice. **But even if you already have a pretty great idea of how Tokyo works and what it has to offer, you should seriously consider linking up with Maction Planet as well.** Your Tokyo experience will surely be heightened for it!

Date of experience: April 2019