Lowest prices for your stay
$90
Reserve now, pay at stay
Booking.com$78
eDreams$78
Trip.com$94
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

Weekend visit cost upwards 500 dollars with very little accommodations. No spa, pool, or gym. 3 beds crammed in a room with a television. Kitchenette was nice and the washer dryer was slow but convenient. Balcony without a view as expected but the bathroom shower was large but tub was tiny.
Not worth the money but conveniently located. There are better places.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Frostedtraveler
Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights after a five-night business stay in Roppongi.

I had read reviews and looked at photos before booking, so I knew not to expect anything too fancy and that the bed would not be made.

The room was basic and a bit dated in design, but everything was clean and in good working order. It was also quite spacious by Japanese standards; larger than I was expecting based on the photos. There was a small balcony, as well. They provide a paper guide upon check-in explaining the wifi (free and extremely fast, with no annoying log-in page necessary) and a few other things. There's also a large laminated binder on the desk that explains everything in the room in detail, including the washer/dryer, TV remote, and thermostat. This is important, because most of the appliance controls are only in Japanese.

The washer/dryer was very easy to use and worked well. They provide one packet of detergent upon check-in, and any additional packets are 30 yen each. Do note that the dryer takes over five hours to fully dry clothes, per the instructions in the binder. I started the cycle before bed and didn't have any problems. You have to press the wash cycle selection button a few times until you get to the "wash, rinse, remove excess water, and dry" cycle, and then choose the five-hour option on the separate dryer cycle button.

Breakfast was basic, but good quality. All employees I encountered were extremely friendly and spoke serviceable English. I called for an iron and ironing board and they were delivered by a man in a suit in about two minutes, faster than I've ever experienced in any of the 50+ five-star hotels I've stayed in on business. You need a key to even get into the lobby, which is a nice security touch, even though it may not be necessary in Japan. The 24-hour Maruetsu Petite supermarket across the street is very convenient.

A couple of things I discovered that I wish I would have known right away:

-There's a 7-Eleven just across the main street/highway. This is important, as 7-Eleven is pretty much the only place in Japan outside of airports where you can reliably find an ATM that accepts international cards. There are two unmarked sets of stairs on the corner leading to a pedestrian underpass to get across the highway, and the 7-Eleven is right there when you reach the other side.

-Shinsen Station is about a three-minute walk down residential streets from the hotel, and it's one stop (130 yen) from Shibuya Station. I found it easier to take the train from there to Shibuya versus walking the 10+ minutes in the oppressive August heat.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank jeremykinla
Reviewed July 1, 2016

My 5 star rating is because we were upgraded to the 9th floor which was unexpected. My husband and I had 3 double beds, kitchen with full size stainless steel fridge, microwave, hot plate, large kitchen sink, lounge, desk, separate toilet, bath tub, shower, big balcony with double sliding doors. We could have stayed here for 2 weeks but we were only here for 2 nights at the end of our Japan trip. Quiet room and good location to see all Shibuya has to offer and train station nearby. Great service, decent breakfast, Family Mart across the road where you can buy everything you need. Nothing not to like. Good bars and restaurants nearby too.

Room tip: I think our room was 905 which was very quiet.
Date of stay: May 2016
1  Thank Judy H
Reviewed May 31, 2016

This was the second time my wife and I stayed at this wonderful hotel which is really more like a service apartment.

I honestly think that I would in future plan my Tokyo trips around the availability of Tokyu Stay Shibuya.

The already noted advantages (in other reviews) are not to be taken for granted: the sheer size of the rooms for Tokyo are pretty well above standard, the in-room washer and dryer set-up allows you to pack light and the location in Dogenzaka is a very short walk to either Shibuya Center-Gai/Shibuya JR station (10min walk) or an even shorter walk to Shinsen station.

We spent a lot of time in Shimo-kitazawa which was a short ride from Shinsen Station which quickly became our new favorite place to hang, eat and shop (and late night Arcade action) that added another plus to the location of Tokyu Stay.

The 24 hr Market across the street from Tokyu Stay is another huge plus as the in- room kitchenette meant we could eat breakfast and lunch and eat out if we chose, and only eat out once a day. The market, Mauetsu, has a very thorough selection of healthy and standard Japanese fare at extremely reasonable prices.

The Staff at Tokyu Stay Shibuya has always been the very best and this trip made things extremely easy for us to take advantage of the Yamato Shipping option which allows one to ship luggage ahead to other destinations saving the struggle of luggage hauling in the subway/JR and Shinkansen/Bullet Train.

We shipped luggage to Osaka for this reason and the balance of our luggage (that we wouldn't need in Osaka) to Haneda Airport to be held until our eventual departure.

Both shipments arrived on-time, exactly where they were expected to be and in perfect condition, and were very reasonably priced to ship. Tokyu Stay Shibuya Staff made it incredibly easy to do this, explaining the procedures and following up with emails detailing where at Haneda to pickup luggage.

Date of stay: May 2016
4  Thank matt_p_2012_12_12_19
Reviewed March 14, 2016

we were in Tokyo last week and stayed 4 days (originally 2 but extended it). It is on a quite street close to the station, and if you follow the walking directions from Google map from the shuttle drop of point from the airport you will find it no problem. As for the hotel the room was clean and good sized. It had a stove top, microwave, dishes pots, dish soap, refrigerator, and washer dryer in the room. The staff change the towels and slippers, but you make your own bed. The bathroom has a big shower, and bath. The staff were very helpful friendly, some better with English then others, but all great. we had the morning buffet and it was fresh and had both Japanese and western food. We had the Japanese, and it was great. If you wanted there is a market across the street, and it is very close to moderately priced restaurants. If you see complaints on other reviews, consider them as people that need to be negative. we loved the place.

Room tip: Just book it you will be fine.
Date of stay: March 2016