I came across this small lovely minshuku by chance and never regretted staying here. It is managed by Naoko and she stays at the minshuku as well.
Since I travelled alone, I booked a room for a single person and it is a lovely tatami room with its own private bathroom. No breakfast but it's ok cuz there are plenty of eateries (including McDonalds) nearby. You need to vacate your room from 10am till 4pm daily and there is a curfew from 12am till 6am. If you are leaving early, do let them know.
The room comes with the standard toiletries and you can get free shampoo from the counter. The staffs were helpful and Naoko helped me with my laundry as well, which I greatly appreciate :)
I had good sleep every night but the highlight was Naoko's great hospitality. I will definitely be back to this place the next time I am in town :)
Directions to the minshuku:
- Take the JR Shinjuku South exit (please do not take "new south exit")
- The moment you come out of this exit, you will see a pedestrian crossing with traffic lights. Cross that and turn right.
- Walk straight and you will reach the next pedestrian crossing. Cross that and turn left.
- After you turn left, you will see McDonalds ahead of you. Walk towards McDonalds.
- After McDonalds, there will be a street on your right. Turn right and you will see a row of vending machines on your left and keep straight.
- By then, you would see this minshuku's name in green and white.
Hope this helps!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rakuten so you can book your Keiunso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keiunso Hotel Shibuya
- Keiunso Shibuya, Tokyo