4 people are viewing this hotel
$56
Free cancellation until 02/09/23
$57
Free cancellation until 02/11/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
$50
Free cancellation until 02/08/23
Priceline$62
Hotels.com$57
Trip.com$71
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 19, 2012

The location was good, the staff was very helpful and friendly (and spoke English well), the rooms were tiny but very clean. I wish that we had spent our whole stay here, and not only the first 6 nights. This is the only hotel/hostel out of the three that we stayed in that I would return to.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

First place i stayed at in Japan. The service was good, staff were friendly. Free breakfasts are always good. The bed was super comfy and the first morning i woke up there i looked out the window and saw my first cherry blossom tree. I have reason to believe this is a 'love hotel' but none the less. It was clean and made a good impression on me. I would go back.

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank AllisonP253
Reviewed December 15, 2011

My main complaint was the bed being so uncomfortable. It was super convenient and a great price.

Date of stay: August 2011
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I typed 'cheap hotel tokyo' and this hotel came up on Google. I went on Japanese discount hotel website but this hotel was actually cheaper than any other ! The photo looks pretty okay and 350yen breakfast seemed great as well.

It was my first time staying at the 'Business hotel' in Japan. I heard about how small and simple the normal 'business hotel' are, so I was a bit worried...
Arrived at Tokyo station by 'Sinkansen'. Changed the train to 'Chuo- sen'(I'm Japanese but I was already lost there..), went to Shinjyuku, had to change the train there to 'Keio-sin sen', which felt soooo faaaarrrr away from JR train line exit with 2 massive suit cases and backpacks... and later found out that its only 1500yen to catch TAXI from Shinjyuku from Sakura hotel lol
Once you know the 'Keio-sin sen' entrance, its only 2 stops from Shinjyuku.
The hotel is surrounded by so many good shops!(restaurants, convenience store, chemist, cafe..etc)
Staff in the hotel were very polite.
went to our room, so scared of looking inside..

YES the room is tiny tiny tiny!!!extremely tiny!!! probably smaller than my bed room in Australia.
Only 1 doble bed and thin bed side table fits. Luckily we had soft suit case, so suit case fit nicely(but just!!)

But it was actually really comfortable!
We weren't planing to spend our precious time in Japan in the hotel anyway.
and we loved just sitting on the bed, drinking beer that we got from 24 hours convenience store which is 1 min away from hotel, and watching Japanese TV at night.

And the size of the room is just usual thing for 'Business Hotel'. That's why its business hotel and that's why its cheap.

350yen breakfast is cheap but not worth it.
You can get out from the hotel and go to convenience store or 5 mins walk and there is a fresh bakery.

anyway I stayed there for 5days and at the end, Sakura hotel was our home in Tokyo.
It was really comfortable.

I certainly recommend this hotel if you want to stay in the convenience location to travel Tokyo.

Room tip: seemed like every room have same view of building after building, and size is probably the same. just imagine the tiniest room you can't even fit yourself and maybe you feel the room is actually nice and spacious :-)
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2011

It was actually my first time staying in a budget hotel on my 5th trip to Tokyo, this time bringing 2 of my friends. We wanted to be in a close location within Shinjuku, Harajuku and Shibuya.
Shinjuku station is a nightmare to carry suitcases around while trying to find the train that takes you to Hatagaya.

Sakura Hotel Hatagaya is in such a nice area. We were surprised it was actually pretty quite at night. The staff were nice and our room was a twin for 3. The room was small with the two beds pushed together but it was still good. Had our own private bathroom which was clean, mini fridge, tv and a cable line for the internet. Wireless was only available downstairs.
There were drink vending machines on each floor, and one of the floors hand coin operated washing machines.
There is a cafe downstairs selling a variety of world foods and drinks available on their menu. A bit pricey but good. Plenty of seats, a piano, magazines, books, guitars, tv, lounge and computers to use.

There were plenty of places to eat around, conbini, drug store, mos burger, coffee place, karaoke, book store, bento store all in a minute or two walking distance. Train station just nearby.

The only complaint I would have is when my friend walked me into the hotel and we were saying our goodbyes when a male staff member rudely said out loud to my friend that they were not allowed up to my room which embarrassed me so much! Never in my life has any hotel staff in the world have said this to me. One of the rules is that only the people who signed into the room and paid are allowed, but I was not inviting them up which I found rude.

I think there are better places to stay for 13,000 a night than here but it is a good location.

There was a free breakfast. Nothing too fancy. Toast, selection of drinks, soups and rice.

Date of stay: January 2011