“Best Anniversary Dinner Ever!”
Review of Restaurant Casita

Restaurant Casita
Ranked #165 of 7,517 Restaurants in Shibuya
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Boston, MA
“Best Anniversary Dinner Ever!”
Reviewed December 16, 2008

I went to dinner here for an anniversary a couple of years ago and it still ranks at the top of my list for best dinner ever - to be honest, I don't even remember if the food is spectacular or just "very good" - I think I had a lamb dish that was quite nice - the menu, as I recall, was a good mix of Asian-fusion. But it was the service that truly sets this place apart from the rest.

The staff was extremely friendly, they knew it was our anniversary and actually prepared personalized napkins, a personalized picture (including frame) of the dinner, a special dessert plate, and even a romantic music box that played during dessert! They knew we needed to catch a train so they even printed out the timetables for us.

Our server, Rei, really bent over backwards in terms of service.

If we're even in Tokyo again, we'll definitely be back!

1 Thank zlidia

Chicago, IL
“Great spot in Tokyo”
Reviewed May 29, 2008

Casita turned out to be everything we expected and more. We ended up making reservations at the Resort Restaurant (admittedly we were unaware they also operated two other locations). The decor was simple and modern, which fits the international menu that included everything from steaks to sushi and pasta. We tried the white asparagus tempura with a truffle mayo and the tuna sashimi with the wasabi vinaigrette for our appetizers. For the main course, we order the special, red snapper in a white wine reduction, and the lamb chop with a curry onion puree and peppercorns. Everything was excellent, but contrary to my own expectations the asparagus and lamb were the stand out dishes.

While we had a great meal and an excellent bottle of wine, the name which escapes me, the desert experience really topped off the meal. We ordered two deserts both of which were very good, but not really important to the story. So, as we waited for our last course the waiter informed us that the deserts were ready for us on the patio. We didn't realize they had a patio so this came as a surprise, along with the fact it was a little cool outside (as we were there in April). Regardless, they had our coats waiting for us at the door and proceeded to escort us to a couch outside, which had a nice skyline view of Tokyo. On the table were our deserts along with a fruit platter with our names and a greeting spelled out in chocolate, candles, a little Chicago flag and a small picture of the Chicago skyline (as we live in Chicago). Each table outside had a heating lamp and they provided electric blankets for extra warmth. Maybe it was the wine, but the whole experience really caught us off guard and made it one of the most enjoyable and memorable dining experiences I have ever had.

3 Thank Globetrot12