“Fantastic evening at La Table de Joël Robuchon.”

La Table de Joel Robuchon
Reserve a Table
Ranked #77 of 9,483 Restaurants in Shibuya
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We have been on a tour of Japan. Has now returned to Tokyo to finish the trip where it started. We landed late in the afternoon. We were unsure whether we would get a table but we did. The food was amazingly composed with wine. Would wish we got some more info about the wines. We have great interest in this. There you can get better. Almost every dish was amazing. Well balanced and a lot of flavor. Can highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Complete waste of time and money. One of the worst dining experiences in my life. Not only is service slow, literally an hour before we were served any bread and there was only one other table being served in the whole restaurant. The appetizers were delicious but the rest of the meal was terrible. The amuse buse was just ok. We had the 4 course meal. Everything was 1-2 bites at best. Even the main course. My husband had the ribeye which was 2 slices of meat with a 2 tablespoons of there "signature" pureed potato. Tasted fine but nothing special. I had the pork which had so much black pepper with huge chunks that completely blew out my palate. We both ordered the chocolate souffle for dessert and mine was undercooked so much that I couldn't eat it and they didn't offer to replace it. $400 per meal for a meal this poorly executed was a waste of money. Besides there are items on their menu that if ordered cost additional $$$. For the cost of the of each meal plan, everything should be included. Since when is chicken a high prices item? Even the spaghetti entree was an additional $60. Unless is was fresh homemade flown in from Italy the same day, it's just pasta.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Electralife
Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

We love coming to this Robuchon . I love it's herbal tea and I always think of it . Bread is super yummy and the beef is great .
We are a big group of six . It's hard to book restaurant . So we come here everytime when we are in Japan. We love it's desert cart too. Everything is just perfect. Highly recommand

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank travelling-model
Reviewed February 22, 2017

I'm not going to be as harsh as the previous reviews, but this fine dining is for the fine dining crowd who don't mind taking hours to enjoy delicious food in such a formal, uptight place. As for me, i'm not a high-society person, so i guess i shouldn't have even tried. i only went here because of location for a business dinner. The food itself is first class but my unrefined tastes can't tell the difference between La Table and something like Lawry's. The service is very friendly and attentive, but again, like you're at a country club - so every formal, and explanations of every single detail of every single serving. I absolutely cannot see any M stars in the food - it's great, but that great? OK, there you go - country boy goes to the big city and can't tell the difference. If you can, enjoy!

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank AsiaMorgan
Reviewed February 19, 2017

This restaurant is in a standalone building that looks like a mini French chateau. It is 2 M stars. There is another Robuchon restaurant upstairs - 3 M stars. We were seated and it seems promptly forgotten about. We had to ask for menus and drinks etc constantly throughout the evening. We examined the wine list and were also given the list from the upstairs restaurant. We noticed that the same wine on the list where we were was being sold for more than double upstairs. We questioned the sommelier about this and we were told that it is simply because it was being sold upstairs !!! I could not believe my ears ! Anyway, the service continued to be very underwhelming right through to the coffee. In summary the food was great (I am guessing the same kitchen as upstairs),service was poor, and the rather drab interior design of the restaurant was half empty on a Saturday night. No wonder. Avoid.

Date of visit: February 2017