“A delicious new friend”
Review of YUCa's Japanese Cooking - CLOSED

YUCa's Japanese Cooking
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Thank you for visiting the “YUCa’s Japanese Cooking”! YUCa's Japanese Cooking aims to give people from all over the world an opportunity for experiencing Japanese culture through cooking class and supermarket tour! YJC's cooking classes are directed in English and focus on Japanese home meals that are eaten everyday or seasonally at home. Let’s learn Easy, Healthy and Delicious Japanese home cooking! The BEST souvenir from Tokyo, JAPAN! YJC Summary: - Great souvenir for yourself, family and friends - Perfect activity for foodies and cooking lovers - Perfect for single, family and group travelers - Precious time at local home - Local Supermarket Tour - Fun and Informative Hunds-on class - YJC offers those courses - Easy Access! Locates the center of Tokyo. For more detail, please check our website! See you at our new kitchen!!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed December 8, 2014

My niece and I are from France. While my niece lives in Tokyo, I visited her this month and we took a cooking class with Yuka on a Saturday morning. We wanted to learn specifically how to make tempura from scratch. Mission accomplished. Yuk, a delightful young lady met us at the metro station and took us to the market to buy ingredients. We then went to her home and got busy cooking. She is very good at explaining all the ingredients and giving all sorts of little tips. I took lots of notes and videos. It is also wonderful to be able to interact with her, as her English is very good. This was a fantastic experience I would repeat and recommend to my friends and family. I would like to add that I am a professional chef. Not that it means much. It's just that I know a good professional when I meet one...

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"home"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed November 28, 2014

While planning our trip to Japan, we came across Yuka's cooking class on Trip Advisor and knew that we had to experience it for ourselves after reading all of the rave reviews! The class was a wonderful experience and since returning to Canada, we have already recreated a couple of the dishes! We can't wait to go back to Japan to attend another cooking class with Yuka and her dogs, Mario and Luigi! Highly recommended!

Reviewed November 19, 2014

If you love Japanese food, and love to cook, this is one class you should not miss! I was lucky to get a spot for a private lesson during a short trip to Tokyo. Despite this being my first trip to Tokyo, Yuka's suburb was easy to get to, even though I stayed at Shinagawa and had to transfer through Shinjuku during peak hour. I am so glad I took this class. Yuka is just a fantastic person, and the supermarket tour was a great opportunity to learn about the various condiments and types of ingredients.

The dishes we cooked tasted amazing and I even learned to make dashi stock and miso soup from scratch. The fried salmon in rice vinegar sauce is amazing - even for someone who generally does not eat anything fried, this dish was fantastic - light and flavoursome! Loved the ginger pork with mirin, sake and sesame oil too and it was quite an experience to learn how to cook the rolled Japanese omelette.

Fantastic experience, and one I would definitely sign up again to learn other dishes when I'm next in Tokyo! See you next time Yuka, and also, thanks for the Kappabashi tips!

Reviewed November 19, 2014

I had a short time available after attending a conference in Tokyo, and decided to go to Yuka's cooking class. It was a fantastic experience and Yuka was a great host. More than just a touristy experience, I felt that the class with Yuka was an amazing way to immerse a bit in the japanese culture. Yuka was very accommodating and ensured that we had a good time, while learning more about the country and food. The dishes were incredible, and I'm now trying to do them on my own. I would definitely recommend it to other people.