“Great place, modern & spacious”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
master bedroom for 1 person
Master bedroom for a couple
Entire house
3 minutes walk to Central Library. There is a large exterior koi fish pond and a planetarium.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Oanhh30
Brisbane, Australia
“Great place, modern & spacious”
Reviewed April 18, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Great place to stay for a large group, plenty of space, very comfy and modern. Near train & bus stops. Host is very helpful, always contactable and very responsive. Highly recommend.

Apr 19, 2017
It was my pleasure to be able to host your beautiful family. Thank you for choosing my house and please come back anytime.
Toni B
Setagaya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
“Spacious, bright and comfortable, with good access to trains for sightseeing around Tokyo”
Reviewed April 10, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

My parents and their friends stayed in this house together for 2 weeks and had a wonderful experience. For Japan, this house was very spacious and the kitchen was good - well stocked with good appliances and an 8 seater dining table. The shower area was lovely - big and plenty of storage space. This host was extremely attentive and helpful and checked on us every step of the way. She even ordered something for the kitchen that was missing, and it was delivered within a day. The walk to the station was too long for my parents (aged 75 with some walking issues) but others would probably think its fine. In any case, we could flag down a taxi from around the corner and it only cost the flag fall fare (410yen) to get to the station each day. The polished wooden staircase without a hand rail (often the case in Japan) was a bit scary for my father who was recovering from a broken leg, but again, this might not bother many other people. It was okay for me, since I live in Japan and am used to it.

All in all, it was a great choice of accommodation for my family to be able to visit me, and stay in the comfort of an actual house, instead of a hotel. I definitely recommend this to others.

Your age range 35-49
Apr 11, 2017
It was my pleasure hosting your group. I am glad to hear that everything worked out for your group and you had a great time. I hope your father will recover from the knee surgery soon and come back soon.
Ratu L
“Perfect spacious retreat”
Reviewed March 7, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

This place is just like it says. It is very spacious for Tokyo and perfect for larger families. It has a full kitchen, large bathroom and laundry facilities. It's a short walk to trains and so easy to get around. We had 3 adults and 7 children and there was plenty of space.

Mar 8, 2017
Thank you for staying at my house. I enjoyed chatting with you and hosting your family. Please come back again!
Misa T
“Relaxing house in a safe neighborhood!”
Reviewed January 30, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

I loved my stay at this place! It was very close to the near by station and the neighborhood was very safe and quiet. Communication with hosts was very smooth and they care for us a lot. It is a very welcoming home and I could really tell that the owners take care of the house very well. All the rooms were very spacious, the kitchen was stunning and easy to use, the living room was very cozy and big, the shower room was very clean and tidy....and the list goes on. I definitely was very much satisfied with my stay. 100% recommend to anybody looking for a great time in Tokyo!

Jan 30, 2017
Thank you so much for staying at my place. Please come back again!
TitaRack
Manila, Philippines
“Nice house in quiet neighborhood”
Reviewed January 7, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

The house in Setagaya was clean, cozy, well-equipped and well-stocked. The bedrooms are a good size and comfortable. The big living/dining room was great for the family to gather and relax after a long day out and about. The kitchen has utensils and equipment that allowed us to cook dinner for 8-15 people easily. The bathroom is adequate and having the separate second toilet was handy for a big group like ours. Having only one shower/ bathroom required scheduling but worked out ok.
The house is located in a quiet neighborhood with a driving range nearby and grocery stores a short walk away. The closest metro is a bit farther but within an easy walk and is just a few stops from Shibuya.
Chieko was a gracious host attentive to our needs. The use of the bicycles were a big hit with my family. They were very good for exploring the neighborhood and bringing home groceries. Thank you, Chieko.

Jan 8, 2017
Thank you for staying at my house, and I truly enjoyed hosting you. I am glad that your families were all able to gather at my house with your mother. Your family is very welcome anytime!
Compass58...
“Perfect Tokyo Stay!”
Reviewed November 18, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Our party of eight, two families of four from California, just finished a 5-night stay in Chieko's house in Setagaya. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The house is just as impressive as the pictures indicate, what you see is what you get...and more. A 5-bedroom is a rare find anywhere in Tokyo and the size of the rooms, from the bedrooms to the common areas, made for a very comfortable stay. We were able to rest in fine fashion each night and recharge our batteries for more running around the many sights of Tokyo. With restaurants around the train stations (Sakurashinmachi on the Den-En Toshi Line and Kamimachi Station on the Setagaya Line), there were plenty of opportunities to eat (David's Ramen and Osoba Restaurant, very nice) or bring back food nearby supermarkets, the house is located nicely and equipped with plenty of dishware, etc. The entire house was very clean upon check-in, the furnishings in great condition and only top quality materials and appliances were used. Staying in the neighborhood allowed us to be around local Japanese as they went about their daily tasks, a rare glimpse that you can't get staying in hotels located in commercial areas. It's a great, quiet neighborhood, easy to get around on foot or bike (5 adult bikes and one kids bike available at the house). But the house and neighborhood are only part of the good story about the stay...from weeks before our visit and throughout our stay, Chieko was easily accessible and checked in on us by instant messaging (Line) to make sure we enjoyed our stay in the house and enjoyed Tokyo. She continued to offer help and assistance throughout our entire Japan stay. On our last day, at our request, she arranged for two taxis to pick us up to take us to Shibuya Station to catch the Narita Express train (NEX) to the airport. She spoke to the drivers via telephone to make sure we got dropped off in the right place (New South Gate is close to the NEX platform no.4). I would wholeheartedly recommend this home for a Tokyo stay and would not hesitate to return for a stay. Thanks, Chieko and Yulin!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Clean, spacious rooms. Fully furnished and equiped
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Nov 19, 2016
I truly enjoyed hosting you and your family. Please come back at anytime!
Jwmccarth...
Roanoke, Virginia
“Setagaya House”
Reviewed October 23, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We recently stayed at this lovely property in Setagaya. Chieko the proprietor was amazingly helpful from start to finish answering our many questions and concerns before and during our trip. She definitely made our stay much less stressful. The house was spacious and comfortable with modern amenities and the location was perfect for traveling to the various areas around Tokyo. We would certainly stay there again if we ever go back to Japan. Thanks again Chieko.

Oct 31, 2016
Thank you for being such a perfect, wonderful guest! I truly enjoyed communicating with you before, during and after the stay. I welcome you back anytime. Thank you for a great memory hosting guests, and I adore the husky you left as a gift. Thank you!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing