Stayed here for a week while in Japan on business. My meetings were in Yokohama and the south side of Tokyo, so the Hotel JAL City was a good location. The price was half of what hotels in Shinagawa were charging so it was worth it to stay here and take a taxi or public transit to my meetings. But it is a bit far from the main cultural attractions and sightseeing so I doubt I would stay here if I were a tourist. The other reason to stay here is that its less than a 10 minute taxi ride to Haneda Airport (1,000 yen). A colleague who had an early morning flite stayed here for just this reason.
The hotel itself is nothing special. The rooms are small and do not have closets, just a few hanging racks (but that is pretty common in Japan). There is no dresser, so I lived out of my suitcase. But despite the size, the rooms are well designed, comfortable and clean. And the sound proofing is pretty solid. The bathroom is not small, its American sized, which was nice. Smoking is allowed in the hotel, so make sure to reserve a room that is compatible with your needs.
The room has a hair dryer, mini-fridge, tea kettle and tea service. If you want to brew coffee, you have to bring your own. There is free internet, full laundry service, self serve laundry on the second floor (300 yen for a load to wash that includes soap, 100 yen for a unit of dryer time) and they have irons and ironing boards at the front desk that you can borrow (the room is too small to keep them in each room). And there is a shuttle to the Haneda airport.
There is a restaurant onsite that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They have a good mix of Japanese and Euro-American dishes. I had breakfast there every day and thought it was good (1250 yen) and the random lunch and dinner I had were pretty decent as well.
The hotel staff speaks pretty good English and if you run into someone who is not so fluent, they will get a co-worker who can talk with you. I had numerous interactions with the staff during my stay and found them to be helpful and diligent.
Finally, there many resources nearby. Tokyo is big on convenience stores and just across the street from the hotel is a Sun Kus, sort of like a 7-11 with all sorts of beverages (soda, beer, water, dairy) snack foods, prepared foods, some fresh fruit, etc. There are few places to eat next door, and there is a post office with ATM around the corner that opens at 9am.
If you walk two blocks down the this little road past the Sun Kus you hit the Anamori-Inari metro station. Since it is right next to the McDonalds, if you get lost simply ask for the McDonalds. The metro stop is KK-14 on the subway map because its Station 14 of the Keikyu Airport Line running from Haneda Airport to Shinagawa Station.
Two blocks from the hotel is the Anamori-Inari Shrine, the only tourist attraction in the area. If you wake up early in the morning due to jet lag and want to stretch your legs, walk on over and check it out, its actually a pretty neat little place, (see my review).
I am giving JAL City Hotel five stars because it was exactly what I needed: a full service business hotel that was clean, efficient and relatively inexpensive. While it is a bit far from the main sightseeing in Tokyo and certainly lacks charm, I don’t want to punish it for not being something it is not trying to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ●The all rooms innovated on February 2014! ! The free shuttle bus between Haneda Airport and the hotel service on going. The pick-up in each Domestic Terminal 1, Terminal 2, International Terminal! ! (Please check the bus timetable for details.) ●Free Wi-Fi all rooms and lobby equipped. Wi-Fi enhancement completion of construction on July 2014! Wi-Fi is now easier connection throughout the hotel! ! ●The breakfast starts from 4:00A.M. early-morning!! We prepare a buffet in 1F restaurant SORA Even early departure can eat breakfast well! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KNT-CT Holdings Co.,Ltd.(YOKOSO Japan), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Rakuten, Orange Marketing Services, Japan Co., Ltd., Expedia, Travelocity, JAPANiCAN, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel JAL City Haneda Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jal City Haneda Tokyo Hotel
- Hotel JAL City Haneda Tokyo Japan