“Convenient if you arrive late”

Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels / Ryokan in Ota
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Since I had to take shinkansen from Tokyo early morning, I decided to stay 1 night as my flight was supposed to arrived at 10:30pm. Thank god I reserved as the flight got delayed and arrived at midnight. Trains/buses were all out of services. Some Japanese didn't want to stay in hotel so they opted to sleep at the terminal. I had to take a taxi as the hotel free shuttle bus was also closed. It was about 1000yen plus as the starting price was 700yen. THe hotel is located in terminal 2. Hotel was good and room was wider than the typical Japanese hotels.
Bath tub was also western style size. Overall, it's good and convenient.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank luluchan
Write a ReviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Due to the fact we had a 6am flight from the airport and using public transport to get there by the required time seemed impossible, we decided to stay overnight at the airport. Admittedly the cost for one night was rather extravagant, however when looking at the cost of getting taxis at 3am, it worked out roughly the same.
The hotel is located in terminal 2 and for an airport hotel it’s very nice. The reception is smart and spacious. The rooms are a reasonable size, although fairly functional and without any frills. The bed was very comfortable and we had a very good nights sleep. For those people needing transfers to other terminals there is an hotel bus before 5am. Otherwise there is a free shuttle bus starting at 5 just outside the airport.
I’d certainly stay here again if I had an early morning flight. It a very easy and convenient way to get to the airport early.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

hotel is located in terminal 1 at Haneda airport in Tokyo, used it to be close to the airport, since i had a 6.30 morning flight. Takes a moment ot the international terminal with free shuttle bus. Bus stop not so easy to find. Caculate min. 15 minutes to the bus stop. Room is spaceous and everything is there. Had no breakfast, since I left very early. price was 150 Euro.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I decided to stay at Excel Tokyu hotel for 1 nite. I wasn't sure what to expect but I was surprised how nice this hotel was. Check in was very smooth and the front desk was very polite and helpful. He answered all my questions. The hotel has a modern decor and it was clean. The room was a bit small and the mattress was not as comfortable as I would like/too hard for my taste. But it was just for 1 nite so it was just fine for me. It is located on Haneda domestic terminal 1 and it is connected to the airport. You have plenty restaurant to choose from and stores to buy all the Japanese treats to take home. If you are looking for a fast food like Mc Donalds, they are located in B2 level. You can catch a local train to the city from B2 level. Keikyu line goes to Shinagawa station. It cost about 400 yen. This train also stops at the International terminal. I really like this hotel. The location is great. Really convenient to catch a morning flight. Make sure you check with the front desk what time the bus departs for the International terminal in the morning. It is scheduled and it is free. Rate on this hotel is pretty expensive but again location is the key! Convenient location will cost you more, which in my case I do not mind at all! =)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel one night to catch 6am flight the next morning. The hotel is perfect for this purpose, with its location (adjacent to Haneda Domestic Terminal 2), efficiency (very efficient check in / check out procedure), cleanliness (our room was literally spotless), and comfort. The hotel has two free shuttle bus to the International Terminal to accommodate those who try to catch those early morning flights. There is a convenience store open 24 hours in the International Terminal just by where the shuttle leave you off, so no worries for coffee and light snacks if you are hungry at 4 am.

Additional benefit is all the shops and restaurants located in the Terminal 2, where we did souvenir shopping spending the last few hours and yen of our stay. Our room also directly faced the airport gates and runways, and was the best seat to watch planes that come and go. Overall, we wanted to stay longer if we had more time than just passing through. Maybe next time we will plan that way!

Room Tip: Choose rooms that face airport - to watch planes going by
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We wanted to be at Haneda International Terminal around 5am to catch our very early flight back. After a research, I have concluded that it is not possible to achieve this by Public transport (Terminal Shuttle Bus service does not start until 5am).
This hotel is located within Domestic Terminal 2, so its access to/from other terminals and town via train/monorail/bus is really good except between midnight - 5am.
On our arrival at the hotel, we were made aware that the hotel operated free shuttle bus to International Terminal (takes 10mins), only outside of airport shuttle bus service hours.
We arrived at Haneda T2 via domestic flight early afternoon, then after dumping our heavy bags we spent afternoon/evening in Roppongi/Shibuya before reaching our bed.
Hotel provided free Wifi as well.
Next morning we caught a free hotel shuttle to International Terminal. The price we booked did not include breakfast that we could not have - so nothing is missed.
The room was clean and well designed for our use - especially a large storage area for many big bags of family of 4.

So, this is ideal for those who arrives late, leaves early or one night stopover.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank hg_14
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My flight came into Haneda at midnight so I stayed at this hotel for one night. Excellent location right at the terminal. Room was small, but then I was only there for sleep. Excellent ammenities and extremely clean, as is the Japanese style. Very modern. Excellent internet connection. Reasonabily priced. Easy connection to the Tokyo subway via the monorail and the JR line. Would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo