I stayed in Mystays Kamata for eight nights during sakura-time. I find this hotel worth every yen we payed for it. It is near the JR Kamata Station, what makes it very easy to do all the sightseeing around Tokio city. Before our trip I had learnt (with help of the Google Streetview) how to walk from the JR Kamata Station to the hotel , but I forgot which exit we should use (it is the East exit and you can find this information from the hotel´s webpage). So with a help of a nice japanese lady we ended up on the wrong side of the station. So we stood there for a while trying to find out where to go. But then a nice japanese gentleman came to ask if we needed any help. I showed him the map of the route I`d printed from the Google maps. The gentleman took my suitcase and guided us out through the east exit. He pointed out where we should go and then I could also recognise the scenery, After that it was very easy to find the hotel, just remember always use the right exit!
Our room was quite small, but spacious enough for two big finnish persons and our luggage. The bed was also big enough for a quite "large" couple ;) We also found it very comfortable that there was a humidifier in the room. The room was also very quiet,
I never drink coffee, but my husband enjoyed from the free italian coffee in the lobby. We also washed our laundry once and it is nice that you don´t have to pay for it in this hotel.
There was a very nice young lady at the reception. She spoke and understood english quite well and she seemed to work almost around the clock.
I almost missed the Maruetsu department Store just opposite of the hotel, because we always took the shortest route from the station and you could not recognise the Maruetsu building for a department store from the back street. So don´t miss it, there is a quite large grocery downstairs and my two favorite shops on the upper floors: Daiso and Shimamura Ladies Shop.
I find it also quite easy to access this hotel from the Narita airport. Just take NEX from the Narita and get off at the Shinagawa station. From there take the JR Keihin-Tohoku Line to Kamata. You can use the same train ticket for all the way from Narita to Kamata.
I will certainly stay in this hotel also next time I visit Tokyo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Far from the bustling crowd but still convenient to Tokyo, Yokohama, and Haneda. Our large beds and comfy furnishings make this a perfect place to relax after a long flight or an even longer meeting. We offer free laundry service, so you should feel right at home for any length of stay. When you want to head to the city, it's only a 10 minute train ride to Shinagawa and you are sure to be safe when back in your room at night as the hotel doors are automaticaly locked after 1am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, MYSTAYS HOTEL MANAGEMENT Co., Ltd., Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Orbitz, JAPANiCAN, Rakuten, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel MyStays Kamata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mystays Inn Kamata Hotel Ota
- Hotel MyStays Kamata Tokyo, Japan