Stayed here two nights at the bookend of our trip to Vietnam. The rooms are small but manageable and clean. The hotel is quiet and the sleep is solid. Good for 1 night. What's annoying about the place is the complete helplessness of the staff when it came to basic interactions in English. Asking them to order us a taxi to the airport almost became a game of pictionary. Getting a recommendation of where to eat dinner nearby brought us stares like we were aliens (they pointed to McDonalds on a map, convinced there was nothing else nearby that took credit cards. We walked 5 minutes and found several places, including a fantastic sushi joint). This happened on both ends of the trip.
I get that we're in Japan and comfort in languages varies, and the staff was nice enough notwithstanding, but this is a traveler's hotel! Surely they can do a bit better. (We encountered Vietnamese children in the countryside with better comprehension).
The proximity to Haneda and the subway is great, but the hotel doesn't have a shuttle, so if you're arriving very late or very early, be prepared to spend ~3800 yen (~45 USD) on a 15min taxi ride. It's an expensive country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Far from the bustling crowd but still convenient to Tokyo, Yokohama, and Haneda. Our large beds and comfy furnishings make this a perfect place to relax after a long flight or an even longer meeting. We offer free laundry service, so you should feel right at home for any length of stay. When you want to head to the city, it's only a 10 minute train ride to Shinagawa and you are sure to be safe when back in your room at night as the hotel doors are automaticaly locked after 1am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Rakuten, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, MYSTAYS HOTEL MANAGEMENT Co., Ltd., Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel MyStays Kamata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mystays Inn Kamata Hotel Ota
- Hotel MyStays Kamata Tokyo, Japan