We stayed in Kamata for 12nights in May 2012. The hotel itself is kind of tricky to find. If you go down the main street where there's a little grocery store, you'll see the sign down the back road or through a parking lot you can find it. Hopefully your cabby is more familiar with the area or you have a good map.
The location was great. 5 minute walk to where we had breakfast and Kamata station. 10-12min walk to the Keikyu Kamata station.
The staff was very friendly. There was a little bit of a language barrier but very easy with simple words. You can lease a wireless router for a 1000yen deposit. They give you your money back when you return it.
The bed in the rooms was very hard as well as the pillows. We still slept pretty good since we were so tired from sight seeing. The room itself was pretty small but manageable. If you're traveling with a tall partner, they probably won't completely fit on the bed either.
Great value. The hotel included our breakfast and was about 100$USD a night. I suggest not paying the 20$/night extra and just buying your breakfast on your own since the meal itself is only 12-14$ without going through the hotel at the Becker's restaurant in the Kamata station.
Hope this helps! I would visit this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Far from the bustling crowd but still convenient to Tokyo, Yokohama, and Haneda. Our large beds and comfy furnishings make this a perfect place to relax after a long flight or an even longer meeting. We offer free laundry service, so you should feel right at home for any length of stay. When you want to head to the city, it's only a 10 minute train ride to Shinagawa and you are sure to be safe when back in your room at night as the hotel doors are automaticaly locked after 1am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MYSTAYS HOTEL MANAGEMENT Co., Ltd., JAPANiCAN, Rakuten, Expedia, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel MyStays Kamata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mystays Inn Kamata Hotel Ota
- Hotel MyStays Kamata Tokyo, Japan