All reviews shopping street extra supplies japanese culture enjoyed my stay lots of shops japanese hotels jr kamata station haneda airport unusually tv transit lobby tokyo
Selected filters
Reviewed June 27, 2018

I saw no reason to rate this hotel less than a 5. The room was well stocked and clean; there are many extra supplies and amenities provided; breakfast is a huge plus and you can bring it back to your own room if you wish; and of course, the staff are amazing.

The room is small, but definitely normal for Tokyo. Despite this, the hotel does their best to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leftsharks
西鉄イン蒲田, Front Team at Nishitetsu Inn Kamata, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

Dear Sir/Madame
Thank you for posting your feedback.
We are very happy to see you enjoyed your stay.
We are looking forward to serving you again!

Best regards,

Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights and it was nice

The room was kinda small but cosy and comfy

The AC was great and the location was right next to the station , well 2 mins walk but there are LOTS of shops in the area to visit plus an arcade as well , lots of restaurants

Th staff were very nice but you got to walk steps to get to the first floor where the reception is

The breakfast is nice and overall I would recommend this hotel plus the price was good I would say

No TV in the room thought just FYI plus you can grab stuff like toothbrush or little things like that from reception

Staff were professional, courteous and polite

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
西鉄イン蒲田, Front Team at Nishitetsu Inn Kamata, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2018

Dear MR/MS Aprime1980

Thank you for posting your review.
We are very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us.
We're looking forward to serving you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2017

As a westerner, I am quite familiar with the small room size as I travel to Japan frequently for work. The curious side of me would explore and try different hotel chains and my latest trip I decided to stay at this property because I have 1.5 day of transit time between flights and didn't need to be at my 100% for any business meetings. Staff was very friendly, polite and helpful. Overall, I had a good stay but this property is a bit weird - it's odd in several ways.

Key Point: Nearly 50% of the room is dedicated to the bathroom, so you have a spacious bathroom, unusually large for the small room size, and sacrifice space everywhere else. There was no space on the floor to open my 25" luggage, so it has to be opened on the bed, and stored vertically in the bathroom when not used!

Instead of entering a room to a skinny hall way with a tiny bathroom to the side, you walk in to the headboard of the bed, and a skinny long desk ledger divided by a glass panel. One side being your desk and the other being the sink vanity. Needless to say, sleep quality is not good because the headboard is along the wall of the hallway, your head is literally next to the door, so you can hear hallway noise of everyone coming and going, including someone drunk and stumbling through the hallway.

The room was clean, has all the amenities you can think of: TV, desk lamp, phone, kettle, micro frig, reasonable quiet AC system, heck, they even have an Ethernet cable. You pick up your bath amenities in the lobby, which is plentiful. I actually prefer this way because Japanese bathroom don't have large counter space, so I rather not have a full spread of everything take up precious space. The mattress is on the firmer side and the single pillow has some type of beads in it and is very very hard by western standard even if you flip it to the softer foam side and it would be the biggest dislike for me.

Breakfast is included, which has a surprising decent spread of food items, very typically of Japanese hotels and of carbs based item. Another odd thing here is that they have a hot soup dispensing machine but no rice and no natto! I guess you get your rice from the onigiri but they ran out pretty early during the breakfast service.

Internet is another odd thing here. Hotel instruction indicate you will have to accept a popup from Popchat, which in proper English term is a walled garden page where you accept terms and conditions. Usually, you get the walled garden page as soon as you connect and you have no internet connectivity until you click and agree. In my case and on 4 different devices, I didn't get the Popchat popup and had internet connection albeit very slow. There was no way to trigger the Popchat popup but it eventually did trigger and the internet became very fast. This session is timed and eventually gets very slow and require re-accept of the Popchat popup but I can never trigger the popup on my own, which makes the internet unreliable overall...

In summary, this inn has big bathroom by sacrifice living/sleeping space, sleep quality will impacted due to placement of the headboard along the hallway ball. If you are a foreigner and has never stayed at Japanese hotels, you will likely be disappointed by many of these quirks. This is not a place you want to spend 1-2 week on vacation, definitely meant for 1-2 night stay with little to no luggage.

Date of stay: August 2017
西鉄イン蒲田, Front Team  at Nishitetsu Inn Kamata, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Dear MR/MS knowmyhotels

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback.
We read full comment. In some points, we really had to say "oh we are so sorry..." to the display.
We see there are many things we should check or change especially about internet, breakfast and pillow.
We do apologize for the inconvenience we given you while your stay.

And about rooms, we believe we should agree your summary at the end of the story.
Our hotel is designed for Japanese business person basically who has 1 or 2 night(s) stay for business trip.
We provide rooms for other kinds of guests including foreign travelers, but we know our rooms don't have enough space for long stay.

Of course we do hope all guest choose hotel correctly with enough information.
So we hope many guest see your review and make good choice as they like.
We appreciate sharing your experience and knowledge.

Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

I chose this hotel because I didn't want to dive into Tokyo nightlife after a long flight but that was maybe a mistake. However, that was a pleasant short stay, as in a provincial town.
Very courteous staff, well equipped room and acceptable breakfast. Close to Kamata station and bus stops ; good value for money.

Date of stay: October 2016
1  Thank pascaldominique
西鉄イン蒲田, Front team at Nishitetsu Inn Kamata, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2016

This is Nishitetsu Inn Kamata front team.
Thank you for your posting.

It is our pleasure to know you had a pleasant stay with us.
We're looking forward to serving you again.

Nishitetsu Inn Kamata
Front team

Reviewed May 18, 2016

Chose this hotel, bit away from downtown Tokyo yet very accessible to most of places, specially on JR Pass. Just 3 mins walk from Kamata JR Station which links you to rest of Tokyo in minutes. The area itsself is a very nice locality with markets, massage parlors and restaurants.

The room, though small in size, has everything that a single traveler requires with very nice bathroom and comfy bed.

Staff very helpful and efficient, ok free breakfast.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Tokyo who want comfortable stay yet easy on budget.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Dr_Babar_Khan
西鉄イン蒲田, フロント at Nishitetsu Inn Kamata, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2016

Thank you for staying at Nishitetsu inn Kamata.
I apologise for the delay in replying to you.

I'm so glad to hear that you spend a comfortable time.

We look forward to serving you again.

Thank you for your review.