“Clean and tidy - the airport shuttle is not run by this hotel”

Grand Park Hotel Panex Tokyo
Ranked #33 of 52 Hotels / Ryokan in Ota
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed here for 10 days visiting relatives near Kamata station. Very small but clean and and relatively quiet room. Plenty of access via the station to all of Japan. No wifi in the room was
Inconvenient for a long stay. Staff were not very friendly and thought as I had visitors to my room they we staying over (one single bed) and wanted to charge for them. I had to make it plain that the terms of my booking had not altered- I can only assume that they have had problems in the past. Plenty of bars on the doorstep and breakfast in the station. Please note that they hotel does not run a shuttle from the airport but it does run to the station near by so check the times that it runs. Taxi is less than in London - makes sure you have the full address preferably in Japanese as the Taxi drivers are not always familiar with where they are going and rely on Sat Navs.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Frances D

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

My family of four stayed in a refurbished double room. They were small but very clean and tidy. The bathroom was beautiful!
Kamata station is very close by. It takes about 15 mins on a direct line to get to Tokyo station. Haneda airport is also very very handy.

Stayed:
2  Thank TheLongTac
Reviewed January 3, 2014

ery close to Kamata station and local shops; well presented entrance and foyer; quick and easy check-in process; room was on the smaller side of small - could not have both my partner's case and my case open at the same time, as there was no space; we stayed in a smoking room which had the lingering smell of old cigarettes, but there were a couple of freshners in the room in an attempt to disguise the smell; a few old stains on the chair in the room; bathroom very small but compact with a good supply of amenities; bed was clean and soft, so slept well; LAN internet connection was fast; the best thing was the location - it's a short bus ride away from Haneda Airport, and the bus stop was only 2 mins walk outside Kamata Station

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ptenn
Reviewed December 25, 2013

If you're looking for a place to stay especially when you arrived late at Haneda Airport, then this is the place for you. Our flight landed at 11.00pm at Haneda and instead of traveling to central Tokyo, we opt to stay here.

We took a taxi from Haneda to the hotel and it cost us about ¥2900. Expensive? Yes.. (Compared to other mode of transportation i.e. train, bus) But it is much easier when you're late at night and travel with 2 big bags and most importantly you're an 'alien' there.. Grand Park Hotel Panex Tokyo was in walking distance to Kamata train station if you plan to take the JR line..

The room size was just nice and clean.. Unfortunately there's no wifi in the room. But hey, we're there for a nap, so it is not that important for us at that point of time.. The staff at the reception were friendly, easy n fast check in and check out.. We're surprised when the reception welcome us by our name when we step into the hotel (owh.. I told them earlier that we'll arrived late and maybe we're the last customer for the day.. Hahaha).

There're lots of foods outlets and convenient stores nearby too.. :)

Room Tip: Avoid taking room facing the main road - quite noisy
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Faisal_Yunus
Reviewed December 1, 2013

THis was my fourth visit to Tokyo, and I have always stayed in Shinagawa however budget contraints saw me choosing this hotel. The hotel offers excellent value and is located outside Kamata Station and is about 22 minutes train ride from Tokyo Station. Leaving the station at the east exit, it is easy to be confused however if you go left, cross over the first pedestrian crossing and continue to walk straight. At the next crossing go left down the small street (there is actually a sign on the wall straight in front of you for the hotel). The hotel is just down the road on the right behind a Pachinco Palour! The room was typcially small for Tokyo but clean and just what I needed. The staff where polite and spoke good english - a friend even dropped off an item for me at the front desk whilst I was out. I have friends in Tokyo and they were surprised I was staying in this area as it does not have a good reputation! They did not go into details but I had no issues and only ever walked from the hotel to the Station, which takes about a minute, so did not spend much time hanging around. Late at night there were some women outside the station and me and my friend (who is Japanese) were approached leaving the station one night but I would only imagine this bacause I was a westerner with a Japanese person who could interpret andy offers! I would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Matt B
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I would like to point out at an ugly incidence on 26th November 900am . A group of us, stayed in the hotel since 18th Nov. There are old and new wings in the hotel. We were given poorly maintain and smoking room (we have kids). The receptionist is cold and not helpful.
We checked out on 26th November and left our luggages at the storage room near the reception, as our flight is at midnight only. Then there was this staff, named Isoyama that came shouting at us, demanding us to removed all the luggages from the storage room as she said this place is for customers only. Her behaviour is puzzling to us as true enough, there was another 4 small pieces of luggages inside, but we have carefully removed them , so that they are stacked on top on ours, for their conveniance and as to protect the casing of their luggages. This staff demanded us carry all the luggages to another storage room ( which is not supposed to be our job). My request to see the manage have been denied three times by her.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank ChristopherTraveller
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed for a night in grand park hotel panex due to the late arrival in haneda airport. Room is tiny for semi-double room, so please take note if you're travelling with big luggages. Location wise is very convenient as you can find lawson, 7-11 and alot restaurants just around the corner.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple