YADOYA Guesthouse for Backpackers
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$145
Trip.com
$152
$122
  • Fitness center
Smile Hotel Tokyo Asagaya(Suginami)(Great Value!)
$159
$45
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Spa
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Extremely bad experience. Don't stay there. We have booked 4 nights and they said the dormitory room is full and suggest us staying at Suzushiro C. Indeed it is a building hell far away from Yadoya Guesthouse, far away from Nakano station, a remote residential area that we need to walk with our luggage on snow for 20-30 minutes (the staff even needs to bring a bike when she returns!). The area is very quiet and almost nothing there. You can hardly recognize the way because every lane looks the same - prepare to get lost everyday when you go out or back there. I think it is a cheat - They never indicate the location of the building on their map, even no adress is found, so that you never know it is so damn far away. They don't even provide map of that building and the surrounding for us.

The place is lack of management, lack of equipment - no staff stay there. The room is very cold with only one little heater which is obviously not enough (it was in Jan, about 3-8 degree cold outside). No hot water for drink or wash, you have to boil water everytime but there is no hotpot to store the hot water either. One night the client downstair knocked our room for help because they can't even boil water - their gas cooker is out of order. The guesthouse just put their clients there without taking care of them. One night the shower room was waterlogged and the floor-boards flew like boats. It is because thousand of hair blocked the drainer under the floor-boards like no one have ever cleaned it for years and of course we have to fix it ourselves... We told the office that the gas burner for hot water didn't work and no hotpot, they just replied "oh really we will check soon" - but of course nothing improved. The other long-stay clients told me that they have checked the gas burner 3 months ago and noticed that it was out of order but til now nothing they have done to fix it. Because no staff stay there, one night we found a man sleeping at the female dormintory which really annoyed us (no lock for shower room)...and of course, don't expect the place is tidy and the bed is clean...

The exprience is so bad and we were so angry about that, we have to tell everyone who want to book their room - don't try unless you want to spoil your trip!

已把東京中野 Yadoya Guesthouse 列入黑名單。相當差的住宿經驗。我們訂了 4 晚房間,他們說 female dormintory 已滿,建議我們住在 Suzushiro C 的 private room。事實上,那是一遠離Yadoya Guesthouse、遠離中野站,一個超級偏遠的住宅區,我們要走拉著行李在雪地走 20-30 分鐘(工作人員甚至要帶自行車上路,方便她之後回中野!)。那個地區非常偏靜,幾乎什麼也沒有,別以為那像中野 JR 站那麼熱鬧。很難認路,每條小路看起來都是一樣的──幾乎每天外出或回去時都要迷一次路。我覺得這是個相當不老實的旅館,他們沒有寫明這地方的位置,在他們的地圖找不到,連地址也沒有,所以訂房時不知道那是遠得那麼離譜。他們甚至沒有周邊的地圖。

這個地方嚴重缺乏管理、缺乏設備──沒有員工住在那裡。房間非常冷,只有一個小暖器(一月的東京約3-8度),很明顯不夠暖,要穿大衣睡覺。沒有可供喝的熱水,每次都要煮開水,但連熱水壺也沒有!一晚,樓下的住客上來求助,他們甚至不能燒開水,因為連爐也開不到。這家旅館只是把旅客丟在那裡自生自滅。某晚洗澡時,整個浴室內外都水浸,木地板像船板般浮起來!原來因為木板下的去水位塞了一團千年沒人清理過的毛髮,當然,我們要自己解決……我們到 Yadoya guesthouse 的 office 告訴他們沒有熱水器開不到,也沒有熱水壺,他們回答就是:「哦,是嗎?我們會檢查一下。」但當然什麼也沒改善。待在那裡的住戶告訴我,三個月前他們已經檢查過那熱水器,也知道它壞了,但直到現在什麼也沒處理過。因為沒有工作人員駐守,有一晚我們發現有個男人睡在 female dormintory,令我們相當困擾 (浴室是沒鎖的)。當然,不要指望地方會整齊、床舖會乾淨……

因為這個經驗是那麼差,我們住得一肚子氣,所以必須讓考慮訂他們房間的人知道那邊的狀況,不要破壞旅行的興致!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank lunangai
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed for a total of 5 nights in the 8 person room. Although it was quite a compact room, I found enough space to store my suitcase and other belongings.
The standard of cleanliness was good and I found the staff to be very helpful. Location wise also very good, very easy to get to Shinjuku and change onto the Yamamote line for more sites.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank nuttyduck
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The staff was incredibly helpful with showing me things to do and how toget places. The hostel had food and game nights for members to hang out. The rooms were small but the beds were very comfy. It was a very welcoming community especially for a solo traveler.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My partner and I stayed in the Ninja semi-double room for 2 nights and moved to an 8-person dorm room for 1 night. The semi double tatami mat room was very, very crammed. The tatami mat was elevated from the floor and the space left to leave our luggage was so tight it was a constant struggle to move around. And we were travelling light with only 2 luggage, so if you have a lot of luggage with you, I strongly recommend you look elsewhere. We still had great sleep quality though.

The dorm room was also very tight. However, they have clean showers and toilets in every floor, which was good. And also, the receptionists were friendly and helpful. The hostel is only 5 minutes walk from Nakano station and Nakano itself has a great deal to offer. Very interesting neighbourhood! If you are planning to visit the Western part of Tokyo and see places like Shibuya and Shinjuku, this hostel is highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I recently stayed at Yadoya in the Tokyo residential neighborhood of Nakano in September 2012. The staff and owners were most accommodating and friendly. I am surprised to have read not good reviews otherwise. For dorm-style rooms the price was 2000 Yen. They have an excellent map detailing all bars, restaurants, etc within the area which I have had an especially hard time finding at many other hostels. Every Tuesday they have a dinner/social get together for the guests (500 Yen) that includes dinner. I also went on a fishing trip to Yokohama Bay with the staff. Traveling alone, I really felt welcomed. For any backpacker that wants the true family-style (almost European) backpacker hostel, I highly recommend Yadoya.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo