“Clean nutritious food but a bit overpriced”
Review of Eggcellent

Eggcellent
Ranked #152 of 13,604 Restaurants in Minato
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Description: Will open at the new location on 02/22/2018 【About Eggcellent】 Everyday’s an excellent moment at Eggcellent… I want to create a place where people can feel energy through our daily life and moments. One day, my American friend said to me, as she saw Japanese people running on to the train during the morning rush hour, "…Why are they running? Take it slow…" Of course, for most Japanese people, the morning is the busiest time of the day. Mornings tend to be spent for commuting to work. On the other hand, in other countries, foreigners are very good at using time in the mornings. For example, having a power breakfast and sharing the future visions with their business partners. Or spending a wonderful morning with their loved ones, or maybe sometimes using that time for reading your favourite novels. That's what connects and creates a good day; a good life. A good career leads to good performances. Spending some good time eating together is such a wonderful thing. Therefore, morning time, with a good breakfast leads to such positive physical health. They understand this way of life to create a positive energy. We would like Japanese people to feel and experience this morning culture from around the globe. Through this 'morning culture', we hope you will find physical fitness, mental health and power for life by creating 'excellent moments' here at Eggcellent. The Egg Kurofuji farm is at an altitude of 1100m surrounded by beautiful nature in Yamanashi prefecture. At Eggcellent, we only use freshly delivered eggs born from stress-free, free ranged chickens that live on this farm. They eat safe and friendly seeds, and breathe in this beautiful nature daily. We receive our delivery of fresh eggs everyday straight from the farm as soon as they pop. To keep the soil in good condition for the farm and the chicken house, we use the method of organic agriculture (BMW methods). So the farm land is operated by the cycle of nature. You can see by their behaviour, how much the chickens are growing by love and support that they get through the farm. So please enjoy these rich eggs that are delivered from these wonderfully happy and healthy real organic chickens.
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Good dishes even if they don't have many options on the menu but clean and nutritious food. The staff is nice but a bit inexperienced... I would still recommend it if you're in Roppongi Hills

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

The place is extremely hard to find via navigation (it is on the basement level of a shopping mall for future patrons.) We got there around 10 am and it was decently busy, there were a few open tables but nobody came to seat us. Eventually we flagged down a waitress and she finally sat us after waiting for no reason. The food was decent, we ordered the eggs Benedict and pancakes but nothing to rave about. Overall the food was average and the service was subpar but it is one of the only options for western style breakfast.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

I made this choice after quite a bit of research - I thought the eggs would be special/different. I was wrong. The eggs were simplistic, overpriced (Roppongi is a posh locality so I guess they need to cover their overheads) and generally disappointing.

The cafe itself is cute - with friendly staff - and tailored to people who want a break from Japanese cuisine. I never want such a break! So this was a bad choice I made. If you want a good Western breakfast, check out places like La Pain Quotidien etc. Much better eggs and value for money.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 3, 2018

I came here before starting my day in the Roppongi Arts District (lots of museums + galleries). It is open relatively early (7AM) and is located in a sort of confusing building complex, but follow the signs for restaurants. There is an english menu, and card is accepted.

I got a medley breakfast plate w/ yogurt, mixed greens, pasta salad, eggs benedict, and pancakes. There is a healthier eggs benny option w/ a quinoa base on the bottom. They also offer avocado dishes. Their fresh coffee is tasty! I can tell they put a lot of time and effort into their cooking. The service is great, and there was free fruit-infused water available. It is a bit pricey, but you will leave feeling healthy, light, and energized for the day.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 12, 2018

We went as a family for breakfast/brunch. After a short waiting time (across from it is a dog-spa) we were seated at a very nice table. Since we wanted to try as many as possible dishes, we ordered 4 different ones. And it was delicious. The kids pancakes were so tasty and fluffy. The avocados ripe on point. And the drip coffee was excellent. Two thumps up

Date of visit: March 2018

Been to Eggcellent? Share your experiences!