I booked this hotel via BA Avios for me and my 16 year old son on a sightseeing tour to Tokyo. I think I spent around 60,000 Avios on it - but who can ever use them for flights? I somehow assumed we'd have twin beds - but arrived to find we were in a tiny room with a small double bed wedged against the wall. My son decided to sleep on the floor the first night, which was quite uncomfortable. When we went to ask for a futon or similar he could put on the carpet they were no help. So now we are sharing the small bed. After our first night we asked to move rooms - which was going to cost another 15,000 yen a night. They said they were fully booked but could switch room for the last two nights - but have just been to reception to find this is not now available. The hotel is well situated, the breakfast is nice (if expensive at 1800 yen) and overall it is quite pleasant. The excellent wifi has made my son happy despite the cramped surroundings. But I've not been impressed at their lack of efforts to make our stay more comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel recreates the style of a London townhouse, combining classical elegance with modern practicality, ensuring the building blends in well with the plush surroundings of Aoyama-dori. In addition, the stylish grey and white facade, mixed with soft tones of limestone, provide a splendid contrast to the greenery around Akasaka. Meanwhile, the central location means that for business and leisure travellers alike, it is extremely convenient for access to the major hubs of Shibuya, Shinjuku and Tokyo Station. Please come and enjoy a relaxing and leisurely stay in the midst of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, JAPANiCAN, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Monterey Akasaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Akasaka Minato
- Monterey Akasaka Hotel Minato
- Hotel Monterey Akasaka Tokyo, Japan