Top notch hotel with great amenities and views - like all other reviews state.
- top floors of Tokyo's tallest building. I wasn't facing Tokyo tower nor Mt Fuji but had great city views
- Large (large!) rooms with very large bathrooms. Toto bidet, multiple sinks, separate shower/tub.
- Effective electric drapes - important in the summer in Tokyo. It starts getting bright at 4am!
- Good dinner options in the mall. Starbucks at the Tokyo Midtown plaza level. Grocery store in the mall basement (24 hrs)
- 10-minute walk to Roppongi Hills and Mori Tower
- really great 46th floor gym and pool area
- Plenty of water bottles and refills
- No internet surcharge. Good internet speeds for video chats.
- If you need to get to Otemachi, Nogizaka station is a bit of a walk (more than half a mile)
- Oedo line is closest from the mall basement, Hibiya line is a bit of a walk too.
- The access to the Tokyo Midtown plaza is really annoying if you do it on a daily basis. You have to walk all along the perimeter of the building at level 1 to get to the plaza side. Unless you're taking cabs all the time that's the exit you're going to be taking.
- Breakfast will run you approx 5000 JPY. This is the Ritz after all.
- Limited TV cable selection. No HBO - Japanese TV quality is poor (World Cup is on Japanese TV)
- Slow room service (35+ mins) at busy times
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As guests alight from the elevator that takes them to the 45th floor of Tokyo's tallest building, they are greeted by a magnificent sky lobby that epitomizes one of the premier luxury hotels in this cosmopolitan city - The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo. Occupying the top nine floors and the first three levels of the 53-story Midtown Tower, this five-star luxury hotel is located in the Roppongi District, which transfixes visitors with both its vibrant night life and centuries-old attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Marriott, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Ritz Carlton Minato
- Ritz Tokyo
- Minato Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo Japan