This is a great hotel. Concierge and bell desk are great. Fantastic bathrooms. And the place smells nice too.
If I had to come up with anything critical it would be two things.
1) The lack of an a decent onsen for regular hotel guests. It's Japan! The onsen spa is reserved for Ritz Carlton club members. The Dormy Inn offers a better onsen sadly.
2) I get the feeling more and more that the "Ritz" management is so consumed with making their brand the number one luxury address in every city that regular guests lose out. Unless you're staying in a club suite you don't really get any access to common space. The lobby lounge is occupied by ladies who lunch, and the spa (above), is reserved for club members. So as a guest, although you're staying at this posh hotel, it often feels like you're an after-thought to the visitors.
That said, I've still found myself staying here repeatedly. They get most of it right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As guests alight from the elevator that takes them to the 45th floor of Tokyo's tallest building, they are greeted by a magnificent sky lobby that epitomizes one of the premier luxury hotels in this cosmopolitan city - The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo. Occupying the top nine floors and the first three levels of the 53-story Midtown Tower, this five-star luxury hotel is located in the Roppongi District, which transfixes visitors with both its vibrant night life and centuries-old attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Rakuten, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Ritz Carlton Minato
- Ritz Tokyo
- Minato Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo Japan