It really can't get better than this. I traveled here for business and because everything is so expensive in Japan, this hotel is actually in my hotel cap *gasp*.
Awesome factor #1: They care about YOU. I checked in at 12:00am after 15 hours of flying and as soon as I walked up to the front desk, they greeted me by name. What?? Do I have a name tag or something? How did they know it was me? Oh--they actually USE your flight information to anticipate when you'll check in. That's a first. Any time I've provided flight information, it's usually unnoticed by the front desk.
Awesome factor #2: "Ms. sfstef. It turns out that we're out of the room that you requested, so we've upgraded you to a club level suite. You won't get access to the club, but you get to enjoy all the other room services, including housekeeping twice a day for clean up and turn down." And the incredibly beautiful view of Roppongi Hills and Tokyo from the 52nd Floor of our building.
Awesome factor #3: Perfect English 24/7. In Japan, that can be hard... but at a cosmopolitan hotel like the Ritz, it's the norm.
I really can't thank this hotel for Wowing me with the experience I had. Not to even mention the perfect location for expats (Tokyo Midtown and Roppongi are high end, businessey, but not overly crowded like Shibuya or Shinjuku. They also don't draw the masses at any point in time... weekday nights are actually pretty calm)
I would stay here all the time if I could afford it. But alas, these experiences are reserved for when I'm feeling extra special (or if I can afford 45000 yen a night). :)
By the way--the rooms are spotless. Literally spotless. Not a leftover hair from another person, and not a speck of anything questionable on any surface (viewable to the naked eye). Plenty of pics attached!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As guests alight from the elevator that takes them to the 45th floor of Tokyo's tallest building, they are greeted by a magnificent sky lobby that epitomizes one of the premier luxury hotels in this cosmopolitan city - The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo. Occupying the top nine floors and the first three levels of the 53-story Midtown Tower, this five-star luxury hotel is located in the Roppongi District, which transfixes visitors with both its vibrant night life and centuries-old attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Agoda, JAPANiCAN, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, Rakuten, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Ritz Carlton Minato
- Ritz Tokyo
- Minato Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo Japan