The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo
Hotels.com
$204
$167
  • Restaurant
Hotel Monterey Akasaka(Minato)(Great Value!)
$103
$62
$121
$78
$228
$200
  • Restaurant
Hotel Gracery Tamachi(Minato)(Great Value!)
$95
$228
$193
Orbitz.com
1,783 results
All reviewsthe club loungetallest buildingconcierge staffbeautiful hotelhotel experiencefour seasonslobby barmount fujiin room diningcorner suitehigh endroppongi stationroppongi areashopping mallfavorite hotelrooms are largeservice was impeccable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Excellent hotel Delya for breakfast seating and for table booking in the bars. Helpful staff (as always in Japan).

No Clock Radio (an essential in any hotel).

$25.00 for WiFi.....when are hotels going to wake-up to the fact that guests regard this as an almighty rip-off.

I deliberately avoid hotels that charge. My travel agent put us here. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Wow. If you want to feel amazing, this is the hotel for you. Upon arrival we upgraded to the ritz club with a room on the 52nd floor. This meant we had an amazing room, it was huge with a gigantic glorious bathroom, the views of Tokyo were breathtaking! I would totally recommend upgrading to the club, as you get food & drinks included 24/7 on the 53rd floor and use of the pool/ wet area free.

The bed is so comfortable, if I wasn't in Tokyo (with so much to do) I would have wanted to stay in bed all day. The rooms are pristine, and have everything you need. I loved the purple water body moisturizer, it was luxury! Wifi, multi region adaptor, a dvd player, cables for connecting your ipod/ computer to the tv system. Tea, Green tea and coffee making facilities, a nespresso machine.

Staff are just so lovely, I was blown away by the service! Breakfast also delicious in the Tower restaurant. Loved that we could order our eggs however we liked and watch them get cooked by the chef. Great to have the option of a Japanese breakfast also.

The spa services we got were expensive but excellent! Also, and the location- brilliant! Was so convenient being so close to the train.

Loved our stay here, were very sorry to leave. Can't recommend highly enough to people, and can't wait to return.

Thank you Ritz-Carlton Tokyo!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the club floors
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was y fourth stay in May for 10 days. I keep coming back to this place for its amazing location but I cant help feel its getting a bit antiquated. The rooms are very large for Tokyo but the deco is more on the classic 90´s style and looks more like an old Sheraton. Lobby has great views but not as impressive as it could be, St Regis in Singapore is way more impressive for example.
Service is generally good except some of the employees are a bit stuck up and look down on you. Bell boys and doormen are excellent, the ladies at concierge are very nice and so were the cleaning ladies that did our rooms on the 52nd floor.
The Pool is excellent if you want to do some exercise.
If you are on business this is a great hotel but if I go as a couple again I will probably look for somewhere more relaxed.
All in all a good hotel but not as good as it should be.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed in this hotel some weeks ago during a business trip to the Japanese capital. The hotel is kept in pristine conditions. Style, classic with some "four seasons" colours all over the place. I found the main lobby a bit "interesting" with all the fountains and similar elements surrounding that area. The rooms are quite spacious and functional (you wont find larger rooms in Tokyo for that price). I got an upgrade to the club floor and enjoyed the amenities. The gym is rather good and with all the equipment you may need for a hotel (another detail you wont find in Tokyo). Overall, one of the best choices for Tokyo at the moment.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I recently stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Tokyo for 7 nights and was one of the best hotel stays. The hotel is on the top floors of Tokyo Midtown Tower and my room offered a wonderful of Tokyo and the Japan State Guesthouse, which was beautiful. The rooms are large and come with a walk-in closet and bathrooms with double sinks, separate shower and tub and also a TV in the bathroom. I had asked for extra towels to be in my bathroom when I reserved and as requested they were there. There is a handy control panel next to the bed for all the lights, drapes and shears drapes. Outlet had a converter already plugged in, which I found great as I forgot to bring my adapter.

I cannot fault any of the service received in the hotel from the cleaning of the room to the turn down service, service in the bar. A nice touch every morning is the coffee waiting in the small alcove off the lifts that you can help yourself too.

The only thing that I would fault is that the lobby lounge has a cover charge in the evening for hotel guests, which I found absolutely unbelievable. I luckily had a rate that included the cover charge but for the price of the hotel this should really be included. You receive a 20% discount on anything bought in the lounge as a hotel guest but still not very customer oriented if you ask me.

All in all an amazing stay and will be back again when I am in Tokyo in a few months time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business