This was y fourth stay in May for 10 days. I keep coming back to this place for its amazing location but I cant help feel its getting a bit antiquated. The rooms are very large for Tokyo but the deco is more on the classic 90´s style and looks more like an old Sheraton. Lobby has great views but not as impressive as it could be, St Regis in Singapore is way more impressive for example.
Service is generally good except some of the employees are a bit stuck up and look down on you. Bell boys and doormen are excellent, the ladies at concierge are very nice and so were the cleaning ladies that did our rooms on the 52nd floor.
The Pool is excellent if you want to do some exercise.
If you are on business this is a great hotel but if I go as a couple again I will probably look for somewhere more relaxed.
All in all a good hotel but not as good as it should be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As guests arive from the elevator that takes them to the 45th floor of Tokyo's tallest building, they are greeted by a magnificent sky lobby that epitomizes one of the premier luxury hotels in this cosmopolitan city - The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo. Occupying the top nine floors and the first three levels of the 53-story Midtown Tower, this five-star luxury hotel in Tokyo, Japan is located in the Roppongi District, which transfixes visitors with both its vibrant night life and centuries-old attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, JAPANiCAN, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Ritz Carlton Minato
- Ritz Tokyo
- Minato Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo Japan