Our usual corporate digs were booked out, so I holed up in the APA Hotel Shimbashi on my last visit to to Tokyo. It's a basic business hotel with no frills.
WHAT YOU'LL LIKE:
- Well connected, location-wise. It's a 5-minute walk from multiple train stations (Mita, Shimbashi)
- Walking distance to multiple Izakayas, cafes and convenience stores.
- Modern amenities
- Everything's quite new - it doesn't have that slightly antiquated feel that other aging hotels tend to have.
- Great (free) wifi
- Quiet rooms, well appointed bathrooms.
- Extremely efficient housekeeping.
- Courteous and helpful staff will provide directions to wherever you want to go, but not all of them speak English.
WHAT YOU WON'T LIKE:
- Tiny, TINY Rooms, even by Tokyo standards.
- No cupboard space to hang anything.
- Nothing in the minibar.
- I'm 5'10.5" and my feet stuck out from the foot of the bed when I was sleeping. If you're taller, I'd seriously recommend another hotel unless you sleep fetal.
If you're going to be out of the hotel (like I was) all day and you're only coming back at night to sleep then it fits the bill. It's a basic business hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HRS, Priceline, JAPANiCAN and Odigeo so you can book your APA Hotel Shimbashi Toranomon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- APA Hotel Shimbashi Toranomon Tokyo, Japan