“Compact, clean and efficient.”

the b akasaka-mitsuke
Ranked #46 of 108 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Hertfordshire
“Compact, clean and efficient.”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

The hotel is right behind AkasakaMitsuke station, which has an underground walkway linking it to Nagatacho, providing very good transport to the rest of Tokyo.

The hotel itself is very compact! It has a very small but pleasant lobby, and the rooms are also small, but very comfortable and clean.

Our stay included breakfast at the adjoining Excelsior Cafe, which we really enjoyed. I can highly recommend the lightly toasted ham salad sandwich! A very nice start to the day.

Although there is no restaurant in the hotel (where would they put it??) it is surrounded by many izakaya, gyudon restaurants, etc. It's a really destination for salarymen after work, which is always fun to see! There's a slight seedy feel to the area as it's full of Pachinko parlours and Hostess clubs but I felt totally safe and comfortable at the hotel. There was a Hooters opening up opposite when we stayed!

All in all this is a simple hotel offering a comfortable nights sleep :)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank babytarragon
IshinHotelsGroup, マネージャー at the b akasaka-mitsuke, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear babytarragon

Thank you for staying at Hotel Sunroute Akasaka and for taking the time to review the hotel.
We sincerely apologize that our response to you wasn't posted sooner.

We are beyond happy that you rate us five stars and find us clean and efficient because that's what we try to be! Looks like you were able to explore the area and had a great time, which we are pleased to know.

Please come back and see us! Thank you again for choosing Hotel Sunroute Akasaka!

Kind regards,
Ryuji Chiku
Area Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The best feature of this place in my opinion is its location. It's not hard to get around Tokyo on the subway but it really is such a pleasure to get out of the station and be back in your room in less than 5 minutes. (This was especially handy when we got hit by the typhoon without our umbrellas!). The Akasaka station is maybe a 15 minute walk through interesting rows of food/drink outlets.

The Akasaka-Mitsuke area is such a lovely haunt with plenty of interesting restaurants and bars - tapas, oysters, pasta, thai, korean, aside from Japanese. We spent most evenings just wandering the area and popping into any place which caught our fancy and had some amazing meals.

We stayed 6 nights and whilst the room is small, and the bed was what they called a semi-double (not quite a queen), it was clean and comfortable enough. My only grouse is that I love my pillows big and fluffy so was a bit put off by the practically flat and soft pillows they provided. I did see a sign stating that they could provide 'designer pillows' on request but I never got down to that. The room we were in was extremely quiet (I suspect this may apply to all the rooms since there is very little vehicular traffic in the area) and the blackout curtains worked a treat. High speed internet was useful for my partner who was there on business. I was fine with potato salad and clam chowder for breakfast though I can see how some would object to this. This is however a minor thing and you can always walk out and have McDonald's (somehow their burgers tasted a lot 'healthier'...) or Krispy Kreme!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Divyne1
IshinHotels, Manager at the b akasaka-mitsuke, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Dear Divyne1
Thank you for your comments and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Sunroute Akasaka.
It is a fantastic area, and hard to leave as you have pointed out - so much to see and do.
As you mentioned we do have a choice of pillows, so please contact the Team Members on your next visit and they will be able to assist.
We hope to see you back at the hotel soon and we look forward to welcoming you.
Kind regards
Ryuji Chiku
Area Manager
Sydney
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I usually stay at more up market Hotels in Tokyo, especially the New Otani, but times are tough and costs need to be watched.
The room was small but functional. Double bed, quite comfortable, desk and fridge. The bathroom was snug but big enough for a good shower, in a bath. Amenities included a robe, toiletries and importantly - FREE high speed internet. Not wireless as advertised but via an ethernet cable
The front desk was helpful and there is a cafe attached so breakfast is available basically on site
There are no "big hotel" facilities such as a gym, but for the price this was an excellent choice. The area is interesting and studded with bars and restaurants

One negative, not a biggie, is that check-in is strictly maintained at 3 pm and as i arrived before 10AM from Australia, that was a little inconvenient

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank BotanyBay
sunaka, Front Office Manager at the b akasaka-mitsuke, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Dear Botany Bay

Thank you for your review and I am very sorry for inconvenient to you.

You know, our check-out time is 11:00 AM and after that we will clean the room, it is 3:00 PM that we can prepare for a roomand.

Please understand it.

Best regards,

Kazuhiko Otomo
Assistant Front Desk Manager
Moscow
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We (me and my wife) have stayed in this hotel at April 2010.
The hotel is small but really nice. Surrounding area is full of nice bars and small restaurants. It is really interesting to explore this small district at night. A lot of lights at small nice shops and restaurants, music and smiling people :). It looks like managers from Akasaka business towers came here to get some beer and relax after hard work. I think this is nice place to feel like the part of local community but not just some gaijin.
The hotel has really nice location. Bit away from noise part of the district and only 40-60 steps away from underground station Akasaka-Mitsuke (if you not mind to pass narrow walking pass between two buildings). The station has connections to all main subway lines you need to observe Tokyo.
Hotels staff is friendly and nice.
The rooms are small (just like everywhere in Japan) but clean. I think you not going to Tokyo to spend days at hotel number anyway :).
Because of the volcanic activity at April we have lost two days (the flights was declined) and the hotel have returned money to us we don’t even expect this.
I absolutely recommend this hotel to those people who want to see the Tokyo and don’t mind to stay is some small but nice backstreet hotel.
We have planed new trip to Japan and I thin we stay here again.
If anyone would like to see some photos of our trip please fill free to contact me by e-mail.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alex_Sobolev
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Definitely good value for money. Suitable for business strip and leisure. Small but fully equipped (a computer with free internet is provided in the room).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WormyBirdy
sunaka, フロント オフィス マネージャー at the b akasaka-mitsuke, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Dear Mr.Wormy Birdy

Thank you for your contribution.

But I wanto to apologize to you.

I removed the computer which was provided in the room to correspond with digital TV.

Because I began the rental service of the PC, please examine it next time.

Best regards,

Kazuhiko Otomo
Assistant Front Desk Manager
Washington DC
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Sunroute Akasaka for 2 nights from March 26-28. I really enjoyed staying at this hotel and I would definitely stay there again on a future trip to Tokyo. I paid 8,900 yen, which I felt was extremely reasonable for a downtown Tokyo hotel. My room was very nicely decorated and immacuately clean. The biggest surprise was that the room came with a computer (which doubles at a TV) with free internet access. This was a huge relief to me because I didn't have a computer with me. The room is small, as all Tokyo hotels are, but there was certainly enough space for me.

The hotel is just about a minute walk from the subway. It's on 2 different lines, the Ginza line and the Marunouchi lines. The Ginza line is one of the most popular lines for sightseeing destinations. It's only a few stops away from Tokyo Station on the Marunouchi line.

Akasaka is a great little neighborhood with lots of little restaurants and shopping. It doesn't really have any main tourist attractions, but it's nice to walk around and explore. It has a fun, upbeat vibe to it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business