“Very luxurious and spacious room with huge bathroom”
Review of Conrad Tokyo

Conrad Tokyo
Ranked #1 of 117 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed February 10, 2011

My photos say it all :) Can't wait to go back!!!

No complaints at all. Very luxurious hotel and room. Nice gym and pool. Professional staff. Didn't try the restaurants. I liked walking past the cozy bar with the giant modern fireplace.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (3,177)

Reviewed February 8, 2011

I spent two days in Conrad Tokyo for a business trip. My colleague and I were both lucky enough to have an upgrade to a suite respectively. The suite is so spacious that I need to walk around the whole room to find my stuff! My room faced the river which is great. The front desk staff is very attentive and pro-actively offer help.

Location is not as convenient as I wanted, but I am happy to all other aspect at this price level.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2011

My wife and I just got back from a two week trip exploring Japan. We started our journey in Tokyo and had the great pleasure of staying at the Conrad. What a way to be introduced to Japan! From the moment we arrived in the taxi, to the moment we left, the staff were always all smiles and helpful. It seemed like they ran (they sometimes actually did) to get you whatever it is that you wanted.

The location is fantastic. It's less than 10 minutes away from Japan's largest fish market, so walking there at 4:30 AM to see the market like any other is very easy. We had fresh fish for breakfast all week long. The hotel is on top of two central subway and train lines, so traveling around the city from the location was amazing.

We stayed on the top floor, the Executive Floor and really enjoyed our room. It was larger than I had ever expected, this being Tokyo, and was decorated in a way that truly made my interior design-loving wife smile each time we entered the room. The design was done in taste and at no time screamed "hotel".

The main bar boasts amazing views of the harbor (is it a harbor) and is great to hang out in during both the evening and morning. At night, there is live music.

I could go on and on about this hotel because it was that good. A great asset to Conrad, Hilton, Tokyo and the country of Japan. Bravo!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ferinha
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Found the Conrad to live up to the hype. If you get a chance to stay on the executive floor do so. The executive floor provides you with free breakfast everyday, lunch and dinner snack plus wine/beer. I had a few friends up to the exec lounge one night and they were amazed that all the food we ate was from the Gordon Ramsey restaurant. So if you stay on that level chances are you will get to try the Ramsey food for free.
The spa was very nice. It had individual hot tubs and a decent steam room. The pool view is to die for. Speaking of views the lobby lounge has an incredible view of the bay. Go there to watch the sundown and you won't be disappointed. It also had good live music most nights. From what I've been told the Conrad has the Biggest hotel rooms in all of Tokyo
If you have the $$ to spend the Conrad is well worth it.
I've stayed at the Park hotel next door several years ago when I visited Tokyo on a Budget. Park was very good for the $$ but the Conrad is a totally high end experience.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank worstew
Reviewed January 26, 2011

i stayed at the Conrad Tokyo for one night with my husband and 11-year old daughter in a room with two double beds. The hotel's interiors are very elegant and sophisticated but the room had plenty of natural light which made its way to the bathroom with its clear glass wall. My daughter was pleased with the Conrad rubber duck in the bath and the two teddy bears left on our beds during the night-time turn-down service. Unlike bigger, busier hotels, it was nice walking through the lobby of the hotel which was very calm and taking lifts which were very quick. I am usually very fussy about water pressure in hotels but the Conrad had a rain shower as well as a hand shower with strong pressure. It was great. The shower tiles were noticeably tired and old and not sparkling, but everything else was in good order. It took a while working out how to use the iron which is cordless and had all instructions and button labels in Japanese.

However, I was most impressed by the service we received from the hotel receptionist. When we checked in, I asked her whether she could ring BIC Camera for me to find out if a newly-released Canon lens was available (I asked because I could not speak in Japanese). The lens, as I feared, was not available and I thanked her and went to my room. Later, I got a phone call from the receptionist to tell me where I could get the lens as she tried ringing a few more stores and had tracked a camera store close to where we were going that day. She gave me a map and precise instructions on how to get there and she had reserved the lens for me at the store.

The hotel receptionist was also very helpful in booking the airport limousine for us and going to the trouble of finding out which terminal we had to go to. All we had to do the following day was walk into the bus and the hotel took care of getting our luggage from the room to the bus.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I was here for one night on a stopover to meet friends. Location a few minutes by cab from tokyo metro station. Had an executive room, which as has previously been discussed, was amazing (pic attached). Location close to tsukiji (went there early for suchi breakfast). ALso checked out the executive lounge. It was not as big as I had thought it would be, but had a decent spread for breakfast and fantastic views. I would defenitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank omeeda
Reviewed January 20, 2011

An overall really great hotel - we stayed in a Club Floor suite. The afternoon tea is wonderful! Great location next to Tsukiji market (fresh cheap sushi every day!). It s a bit farther removed from the hustle and bustle of Tokyo (Shibuya, Shinjuku etc) which is a minor disadvantage for business travelers, but probably more of an advantage at night as the area relaxes, and one has the feeling of being removed from the craziness of the city for a few short hours. On the other hand, it is quite close to Ginza and excellent shopping! Excellent hotel, absolutely going back.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Zazzzu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Akasaka / Roppongi
Grand Hyatt Tokyo
Grand Hyatt Tokyo
#4 of 117 in Minato

Been to Conrad Tokyo? Share your experiences!