“Very impressed”

Conrad Tokyo
Ranked #1 of 111 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
“Very impressed”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My wife and i spent 4 days here and had a wonderful time. The staff was very friendly and accomodating, they made sure we had a comfortable stay and helped us in any way they could, from making reservations to great restaurants to recommending places to visit. We tried 2 restaurants, one onsite, and another in Ginza. They were both great dining experiences, although the Conrad was a bit on the pricey side, but we expected it and the ambience and dining experience was well worth it. Check in was quick and easy, they had everything ready for us before we arrived and the room was large, clean, and very comfortable. The view was amazing. I chose an executive King - Bay View, and the service at the executive lounge and the snacks was well worth the price of upgrading. The service from the bell-hop to the GM was exceptional. I actually felt a little uncomfortable since one girl insisted on carrying all 3 of our oversized luggage by herself, but she was so nice, I didn't want to offend her. The location was great as well, within walking distance from the fish market and Ginza, and easy access to the Shimbashi station, so it was very convenient.
I stayed at 2 properties when I went to Tokyo early July, this and the Park Hyatt, both were exceptional, but the Conrad's location and easy access to the train was more convenient. I plan to go back next summer with my 2 kids, and would love to go back to this hotel, but I think max occupancy is 3, so I'll have to see.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Val D
Hotel R, Heinrich Grafe - General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Wow, what great feedback we have received from you!
Great to hear that you liked our spacious guest room and the stunning view over Tokyo Bay from your room.
Thank you so much for your comments on our service, which will be shared with the team.
Come back soon and we look forward to serving you again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Our first hotel in Tokyo was Conrad. And I'm glad we made this choice.
This Hotel was one of the highlights of our trip of 5 weeks to Asia. The check in was very quiet and, as part of the benefits of Visa Luxury Hotels in were upgraded to a room with a spectacular view of the Bay of Tokyo. The room decoration, amenities, breakfast, public spaces, location, everything else was perfect! Access to subway and JR was quick and easy!
But the staff is the crown jewel of this property! Everybody nice and polite.
I want to thank especially Ari, for having made our stay something so amazing!
Super recommended!

Room Tip: Try to stay in a Tokyo Bay view!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brazilian2005
Hotel R, Heinrich Grafe - General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
What great feedback we have received from you!
Great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the magnificent view overlooking the Tokyo Bay, the room decoration, amenities, breakfast as well as other facilities and service we have to offer.
Thank you for your great comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Cypress, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My hubby is a HH Diamond member and we typically save our points for special (ie: expensive) trips. Being a HH member has a lot of perks, but at this hotel you will be treated with kindness and respect regardless of who you are. Everyone from the greeters, concierge, bellboys and reception are extremely helpful and kind. If it's in their power they will do their best. Everything here was topnotch.

The hotel itself is interesting. When you walk in on the ground floor there is a desk with a greeter who will tell you to take the elevators to the lobby which is on the 28th floor. It's weird to me, but you get used to it. The lobby is very sleek and modern. Checkin was easy for us on both of my trips there.

The room is very beautiful. It doesnt feel small or cramped due to the nice layout. Our room had a couch that spanned the windows. The bathroom was very clean and it had blinds that could be closed for privacy. Automated blinds that is. SO COOL. I'm easily impressed. Also they provided free toothbrush, hairband, sewing kit along with the usual hotel shampoos and conditioner. The pictures show more than I can describe.

If you have access to the lounge, you are in for a treat. They have evening cocktail service with hor d'oerves from the hotel's restaurants and also a full breakast in the morning which included egg station, pastries and also traditional japanese breakfast with shiozake and rice congee with toppings.

**TIP** if you want to get to the Subway/TokyoMetro, you can do it from the street level, but I find it's easier to navigate underground if you are not familiar with the streets around the hotel. In order to go underground, you would need to take a left out the double doors and just out the door there will be escalators going down. There are a series of tunnels that will take you to Shimbashi station (They have a Beard Papa at this, you must try the cream puffs!!). It's a plus because being underground can preotect you from the weather if it's raining or cold out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sophie T
Wow, what great feedback we have received from you!
Thank you so much for your compliments on our service and facilities, which will be shared with the team.
Great to hear that you liked our room and the décor on the 37th, Executive Floor.
Thank you also for your kind words about staff, who really appreciate your comments.
We certainly look forward to serving you again in the near future!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Started our trip to Japan with 2 nights at the Conrad. We upgraded to a Bay View room to get an early check in and we're not disappointed, wonderful view and lovely window seats to lounge on while enjoying it. Ideal room for 3 girls, great bathroom. Good location for shopping in Ginza and visiting the fish market early morning. Staff were very good. Pool amazing.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gilliana_ptp
Thank you very much for your feedback in such detail.
Great to hear that you liked our lobby, the magnificent view over Tokyo Bay and kind words for our staffs, who really appreciate your comments.
Yes, we have great access to transportation are located in walking distance to the Ginza, the famous shopping district in Tokyo and the Tsukij Fish Market.
Thank you for your great comments, come back soon and we look forward to serving you
Connecticut
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Great room, lovely bath. Loved the ability to open or close blinds between room and bath. Service outstanding. Nice sheets. Good down pillows. Modern, clean, comfortable. Very tasteful decor and rooms well fitted out. Gym a bit small with limited cardio options other than treadmills. Nice pool.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Hotel_Princess55
Very pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay.
The team and I are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay here at the Conrad Tokyo as well as our convenient location.
We will certainly welcome an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed there July 11-14, 2014 and was so impressed from the moment I walked in. The lobby is on the 28th floor and by the time I got there, I was bowed to by 4 different staffers. A petit but strong young woman insisted on taking my heavy luggage (wheeled but it was over carpet) so I let her thinking she may get in trouble if she doesn't. Staff was extraordinarily attentive and addressed me by name from the moment I got there until I checked out.

There are only 3 elevators but I never waited for more than a few seconds before one arrived. I began to suspect there was a sensor on my door that called the elevator when I opened my room door, just guessing.

Breakfast was included in my package (thank God!) and it was a nice selection of American and Japanese traditional selections. I did both, each day.

My room was amazing and I do recommend a bay side view. I requested an upgrade and that was the upgrade. The room was extremely comfortable. If I have to complain about anything it is that the room smelled faintly like someone had been smoking in there. I didn't complain because I grew up with my dad smoking and it was faint but noticeable as soon as I entered each day.

I would highly recommend this hotel for a pleasant, comfortable, expensive but worth it kind of trip.

Room Tip: Bayside view and ask for free upgrade if available. I went with American Express Travel and it was w...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank ekaihatsu
Wow, what great feedback we have received from you!
Great to hear that you liked our spacious bay view room and the stunning view over Tokyo Bay from your room.
We certainly look forward to serving you again in the near future!
Europe
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed here for one night during short Tokyo trip in July 2014. Arrived at 12.45 (check in is at 15.00), and one day before asked for early check in via e-mail, which was promised but not guaranteed, but had no problem to check in at that early time. Greeted as HH Diamond and was informed that they upgraded me into nice suite, which was simply stunning, very large with amazing views, very clean and spacious, with stunning bathroom. Pool is also amazing, with incredible views, as is the breakfast, which is one of the best ones I ever had in a Hilton hotel. Absolutely worth the cost.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank PremiumFlyer74
Wonderful to hear that you were happy with our service and guest room facilities.
Great to hear that you liked our large guest room and the magnificent view over Tokyo Bay.
Our hotel won a TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice® award 2014 as one of the Top 25 Luxury Hotels in Japan and also is a 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award recipient.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi
Imperial Hotel Tokyo
#5 of 74 in Chiyoda
Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo
Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo

Been to Conrad Tokyo? Share your experiences!