“Fantastic hotel”
Review of Conrad Tokyo

Conrad Tokyo
Ranked #1 of 117 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

The Conrad is very well located, and have great views over the park and bay. We stayed at the end of a two week trip around south Japan and it was by far this best stay of our trip! Very professional and accommodating staff and a few really nice personal touches made us feel very welcome. We will definitely go back again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MikeyB243
Hotel R, Conrad Tokyo at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you very much and we are happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
We all appreciate your kind comments about our staff and our convenient location. This will be shared amongst all the management and the staff.
I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Conrad Tokyo soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I've often said that the best international hotel I had stayed at was the Hyatt in Beijing. I am updating that to say that my stay at the Tokyo Conrad was is in the same class. The location was great - close to the train stations, able to get out and walk around, nearby restaurants, and most importantly and excellent room. It was quiet - except the hallway noise on the weekend evening - and the room was totally dark so I could catch up on sleep which I desperately needed. Over the weekend we were able to walk to many nearby sites - and some not so near. The Tsukiji Market is a must.

The executive lounge was good - but small - but the service was great. The only thing I didn't enjoy was when I joined colleagues for breakfast in the main restaurant the hotel failed to recognize my Diamond status and charged me for breakfast both mornings - but they resolved it at checkout. Also, they staff was constantly hovering - which drives me crazy, especially when I'm trying to relax on a weekend morning. And to add to it, the host - I unfortunately can't remember his name - in the main breakfast restaurant - was condescending and irritating enough that I actually left one meal because of him.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mwlest

Thank you very much and we are happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
Yes, we are located right above the subway station called Shiodome on Oedo Line and within walking distance to the famous Ginza shopping area and tsukiji fish market.
Glad that you appreciated our location!
Your valuable comments regarding our service on the Restaurant team and Housekeeping have been well noted and shared with our respective managers to ensure there will be no re-occurrence in the future. Thank you for letting us know.
We would hope that you would consider giving us a second chance to make amends and so we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The arrical experience before you get to the front door was a bit clunky with confusion on bag handling, where the hidden lifts are etc after a long and tiring airport commute. Once at front desk you are treated very well and the team are very impressive. Rooms quite nice, love the couch by the window and space and didn't mind city view. Disapointed not to have free internet given the room rate and low cost involved. Also compared to other Conrads the little personal extras were not there (no chocolate or even fruit). Some attention to detail poor (my towel rack came off) but overall beautifully maintained and very peacefull. Dry cleaning extremely overpriced. Highlight was front desk, they went over and beyond in what made the biggest difference for me as a single traveller here over a weekend.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Gavin N

Thank you very much for your feedback in such detail.
Also thank you for pointing out our Front desk team members, I will make sure that I share your kind comments with them.
Guests comments are always a great way to improve and reward our team and services.
Regarding internet access here at the Conrad Tokyo, you may be interested to know that we do provide complimentary internet access to all of our guests in our internet kiosk located on the 28th floor and in our Executive Lounge.
Thank you for your great comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Value for money, location, style, transporation, easy access to outside food. This is a great hotel. If you are going to stay in or head out sight seeing or hit the night life, this is a great hotel. The bars at the hotel are a bit pricey so watch that but othewise the service cannot be beaten. The standard rooms are nice and big too. The pool is very cool!!!

Room Tip: I would stay on the Tokyo bay side next time, the city side is not that exciting
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Biz G
Hotel R, Conrad Tokyo at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Delighted to read your fabulous comments.
Great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the magnificent view overlooking the Tokyo Bay, our guest room and as well as our swimming pool on the 29th floor.
Mizuki spa also offers a range of classes for mind and body including a yoga, Pilates or ballet exercise class in the aerobics studio. Relax in the sauna and steam rooms. Swim lengths in the pool, or relax while soaking up views of the skyscrapers.
Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming back in the not too distant future!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was our first hotel stay in our 2.5 week excursion around Asia, and what a great start. First, I had no idea my booking was for the Executive Level including breakfast, so that was a nice treat. Our room on the top floor had a great view, and the nearby executive lounge offered snacks and drinks all day long.

Everything about this hotel is 5 stars, from the rooms to the restaurants to the staff. I had made some dinner reservations with the concierge before we arrived, and when we checked in, there was an envelope waiting for me with our reservation confirmation and a map, including pictures, of how to get to the restaurant! The pictures are extremely helpful in a city like Tokyo where not many people speak English, nor are there many signs in English.

When we return to Tokyo, we would love to stay at the Conrad again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelnut75

What great feedback we have received here – thank you!
We are pleased to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us at the Conrad Tokyo.
I'm very proud to hear that our team took good care of you and I can assure you that I will share the good comments with them.
Great to hear that you liked our spacious guest room and the stunning view over Tokyo Bay from your room.
Our hotel has received the 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award. This honor is awarded to establishments that achieve outstanding traveler reviews on TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site. Our staff takes great pride in consistently offering an exceptional experience to our guests.
Thank you again for your great comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed at this beautiful hotel during a 7-night vacation in October. We were very impressed with the service, the food and the decor of this hotel. The lobby is stunning and the rooms are extremely spacious, beautifully decorated and full of every conceivable amenity. The service we received from the staff was top-notch; special kudos to the concierge staff, in particular Mr. Abe, who assisted us with restaurant reservations before our trip and some post-trip issues as well.

The buffet breakfast in the Cerise restaraunt is outstanding and one of the best we have had during our many travels around the world. We didn't eat dinner at the hotel as there are so many choices outside of the hotel, and the prices are exorbitant for dinner.

The location is convenient for sightseeing; it's within walking distance to the Ginza and three different train lines.

We look forward to returning again very soon to this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful but the bay-view rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank OGinNYC

Thank you for the fabulous comment. We are happy that you were delighted with your stay.
Yes, we are located right above the subway station called Shiodome on Oedo Line and within walking distance to the famous Ginza shopping area. Glad that you appreciated our location!
Thank you so much for kind words for Yasu Abe, who really appreciate your comments.
Come back soon and we look forward to serving you again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed at the Conrad Hotel in Tokyo for a conference, which was held in the hotel conference center. My husband joined me for the week as well. We took advantage of the excellent concierge service to make reservations at several high end restaurants during our stay. The concierge desk was extremely courteous and helpful. The room was well appointed and clean. We took advantage of the breakfast buffet in the hotel nearly every day. While a bit pricey, it was quite extensive and I was able to eat well despite several dietary restrictions (gluten, dairy, fish). We received the conference rate for the room and it was a great value for a luxurious stay. The location was reasonable for sightseeing, being close to several metro stops. I would highly recommend this hotel, at least if you are able to get a special rate.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Elizabeth R

Thank you for the fabulous comment.
We are happy that you were delighted with your stay.
It is our greatest pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay.
We would like to also thank you for your inputs about our convenient location, and most of all our proud friendly team members.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo
Imperial Hotel Tokyo
Imperial Hotel Tokyo
#4 of 78 in Chiyoda
Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo

Been to Conrad Tokyo? Share your experiences!