I would break this review into Pro's and Cons, as it is much easier to get a feel of what is!
We stayed at the Conrad for 7 nights in beginning April with 2 kids aged 9 and 3 years old.
Had a room overlooking the park and further the Rainbow Bridge on the 35th floor! Breathtaking!
We paid a lot but no breakfast was included.
USD 86 for an extra bed per night.
1) It is a exceptionally laid out Hotel with luxury underlined and the rooms are large, especially by japanese standards and very well appointed.
The bed is large and very comfortable, and well accomodated 2 adults and a child.
The bathroom is a absolute pleasure to use, the shower cubicle is decent sized with a powerful shower and there is a seperate bathtub which the children revelled in.
Room has automized blinds and love hotel rooms which can be darkened completely!
Awesome coffee too!
2)The concierge is very well informed about restaurants and very helpful in procuring restaurant reservations.
3) There is definite eye to detail, which is not the case with every hotel. For eg, on check in they gave my son a water botlle shaped as a shinkansen and my daughter one in the shape of hello Kitty.
4)It is located close to Shiodome Station on the Odeo Line(not part of metro day pass), and Shimbashi staion(metro) is a 10-15 minute walk but through a covered area.
1) the biggest inconvencience for me personally was that there was not very much around and in that sense, Ginza, the closest "happening" area was a 15 -20 minute walk. There is the Carretta Shiodome which has somes shops and restaurants, but limited and basic. On that note there Is a 'Din Tai Fung" in the Caretta Mall which is A MUST! But otherwise nothing around in close walking distance.
2) Shimbashi is very much walking but note does take 15 minutes or so to get to it, and we couldnt use Shhilodome as we only had the day metro pass, but that was our limitation.
3) Steep charge to use pool, gym and all extras, unless you are a Hilton Honors Gold!
4) Upgrades seldom happen even if you are gold or Diamond!
Acid test - Would I stay there again? Would be tempted due to the comfort and luxury offered, but may not due to the location, as I personally want to be in the middle of action! But that is very personal choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Conrad Tokyo hotel, where legendary Conrad excellence meets the calming and inspiring design of modern day Japan. The Conrad Tokyo hotel is conveniently located just 5 minutes from the famous Ginza Shopping Street. Stay in contemporary luxury at the Conrad Tokyo. All 290 guest rooms and suites boast minimalist Japanese design, the latest technology and panoramic views over Tokyo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Rakuten, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Conrad Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Conrad Hotel Tokyo
- Conrad Hotel Minato
- Minato Conrad
- Conrad Tokyo Japan