“Extraordinary establishment. Extraordinary experience.”
Review of Conrad Tokyo

Conrad Tokyo
Ranked #1 of 118 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed through my years of travel. Service was exceptional. The world should learn from the Japanese when it comes to true customer service and hospitality.

The hotel is ideally situation on top of several subway stations all within walking distance from the hotel making this place very easy access to many parts of the city. Ginza fish market is only 10 to 15 minutes walk away.

I arrived at 8am in the morning and the check-in staff asked me to wait in the executive lounge for complementary (HHonor Diamond member) breakfast until my room is ready. I should of requested early check-in prior to my arrival; the invitation for breakfast cannot be passed. The lounge is located on the 37th floor overlooking the beautiful city. Food was fantastic. I especially enjoyed Japanese style breakfast which consist of rice congee, fish, seaweed, pickles and other little dishes that made their breakfast standout compared to most Western breakfast buffet.

At 9am I was informed my room was ready. My room on the 36th floor was large and overlooked the park which still had some cherry blossom--fantastic! Separate bath and shower. A lot of space. High tech toilet...etc. perfect and well appointed room with comfortable sofa along the window.

After settling in, I went to visit the gym, pool and sauna. The heated pool is located on the 27th floor and had many chairs and sofa to relax. Hot and cold tea was also readily available. I cannot imagine a better place to unwind in the middle of a large metropolitan. Sauna and steam room was fantastic as well. The gym has the latest equipment available. The following morning yoga class was offered...I didn't sign up.

At night, the lobby bar had great atmosphere but I prefer the executive lounge for less foot traffic.

I am looking forward to return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Get a high floor room overlooking the park.
1  Thank TP2WXC
Hotel R, Gregor Andréewitch - General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Delighted to read your fabulous comments.
Great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the magnificent view overlooking the Tokyo Bay, our guest room, the Executive Lounge facilities as well as other facilities and service we have to offer.
Thank you for your great comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,123)

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I love the Conrad Tokyo, the views, the service, the amenities, make this hotel unique while you stay in Tokyo. the bar with live music is a well known place, ideal for romantic dates. no rival with other big brands

Room Tip: I prefer the bay view but all the rooms have a wonderful views over Tokyo
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel R, Gregor Andréewitch - General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Delighted to read your fabulous comments.
Great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the magnificent view overlooking the Tokyo Bay.
Thank you so much for your comments on our service, which will be shared with the team.
Come back soon and we look forward to serving you again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I along with my family stayed in the above hotel from 29th March 2013 to 7th April 2013.
Nine nights in the above hotel flew away so fast that we did not even feel that we were way from home.
The hotel is truly 5 star with excellent food,superb spa and fitness centre and a heated pool a boon for the spring and winter travellers.My son in law and specially my 6 year grand daughter had a grand time.
The service and quality of food at their Gordon Ramsay restaurant was amazing.One of the finest I have experienced.
Right from the reception,concierge, housekeeping and the overall staff was others should aspire for.True to the Japanese hospitality it was a good feel experience.
If you are visiting Tokyo on business or pleasure I highly recommend it to all fellow travellers.It may be a tad expensive but Tokyo itself I'd very expensive city.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your great feedback.
We are so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
Great to hear that you liked our large guest room and the magnificent view over Tokyo Bay .
Thank you so much for kind words for our staff, who really appreciate your comments.
I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Conrad Tokyo soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel is spectacular in many respects.

First the location. It's well connected to the trains as it is located close to shimbashi and shiodome. I took the train to and from the airport.

Second the height. How many hotels have you been where the lobby is on 28th floor!! The rooms are large with great views.

Third the service. The staff are very friendly and provide great service.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
Yes, we are located right above the subway station called Shiodome on Oedo Line and also within walking distance to the famous Ginza shopping area. Glad that you appreciated our location!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Room was lavish and elegant and comfortable. The city-side views are sort of boring but the bay views are breathtaking. My employer has a special rate there, which is the only way I’d pay the sky-high (even by Tokyo standards) prices.

Breakfast buffet maybe a little less comprehensive than in competitive hotels, but still good. Restaurants ludicrously overpriced, but it’s near Shinbashi and there are plenty of good cheap tasty alternatives around there.

I find the Shiodome neighborhood sort of overdecorated and boring, but it is near Tsukiji & Shinbashi.

The hotel is sort of hard to find if you’re coming in on foot from the JR. Get up on the overhead walkways and use a GPS, eventually there are signs.

Room Tip: Bay-side if you can get it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Great to hear that you liked our spacious guest room and the stunning view over Tokyo Bay from your room.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The finishes of the hotel are amazing, motorized blinds, modern bathtubs and shower, large safe, and large sofa to lounge on while looking out at the amazing view. The workout room had enough treadmills, stair steppers, and a full range of weights, and a 25 m pool that has a nice view.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Hotel R, Gregor Andréewitch - General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

What great feedback we have received here – thank you! We are pleased to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us at the Conrad Tokyo.
Great to hear that you liked our spacious guest room, the stunning view over Tokyo Bay from your room and Fitness and swimming pool.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel had everything -- beautiful decor, friendly staff, a beautiful room with a fantastic view overlooking the Hamarikyu Garden. I was only there for three days, but wish I could have stayed for a month. The location is perfect. It is close to Ginza, and about a 10 min. walk to the subway (Shimbashi station) which will take you quickly to Asakusa or Ueno -- two lovely places that we visited during our short stay. There is a Starbucks very close to the hotel, and a mall with some nice restaurants, including a very nice Japanese restaurant where we had some excellent sushi. Our room was spacious, and quite beautiful, with a great view, and was quiet and impeccably clean. Also, there is a limo bus that you can take to the airport that stops at the hotel. It costs 3000 yen, but you can't beat the convenience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

What great feedback we have received here – thank you!
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the magnificent view overlooking Tokyo Bay and glad to read you found the rooms, and location very enjoyable.
Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming back in the not too distant future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo
Imperial Hotel Tokyo
Imperial Hotel Tokyo
#4 of 79 in Chiyoda
Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo

Been to Conrad Tokyo? Share your experiences!