“Fa-hab-bu-loussss!”

Ranked #1 of 109 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Arizona
“Fa-hab-bu-loussss!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We just stayed here. I have to start off by saying that we're Diamond Hilton Honors members, so we didn't have to pay for wifi, pool or fitness center in the hotel and had access to the executive lounge for happy hour and breakfast. The lobby bar is exorbitant, at $16 for a beer, but the view is amazing. The staff throughout the hotel was amazing in our experience. The regular rooms here are beautifully done with lots of thoughtful details, but we were upgraded to a suite for our second night and it was amazing. During the move between rooms, my husband left his glasses in the first room, and after a while, there was a knock at our door with an attendant carefully delivering his glasses in an envelope. There was an error on our bill when we checked out, and the front desk clerk hunted me down to correct it. Staff members were unfailingly polite and attentive. This hotel really says "Tokyo" to me. Yes, expensive, yes opulent, but it was a very good experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AZTravelJunkie
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Wow, what great feedback we have received from you!
Thank you so much for your compliments on our service and facilities, which will be shared with the team.
Great to hear that you liked our suite room and the magnificent view over Tokyo Bay.
Thank you also for your kind words about staff, who really appreciate your comments.
We certainly look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Parksville, Canada
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The hotel is very nice looking, clean and comfortable. The staff were all exeptional and very friendly and helpful. The restaurant is terrible though, overpriced and the food is bland and seems prepared and warmed when you get it. If you must eat there get the buffet and enjoy the coffee and fresh juice. I'm not sure how the restaurant has the Gordon Ramsey name associated with it.
The other dissapointment to me is them nickle and diming you. After you have payed to stay at an upscale hotel I don't expect to pay more for the pool and more for each device you want internet on (20$ per device per day). I understand Tokyo is an expensive place to stay but after paying 450$ for a night for a basic room, it feels cheap to charge for things that are usually included in hotels half the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank parksville9
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, General Manager at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback in such detail.
We are very disappointed to learn that you were not happy with your recent stay with us here at the hotel.
It was certainly not the standard one would expect from the Conrad Tokyo. Your comments on the restaurant pricing have been shared with our respective managers to ensure that we will improve for the future.
Thank you also for your feedback regarding internet access here at the Conrad Tokyo.
Otherwise, we trust you overall enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We (family with two small kids) went to Tokyo for a long weekend. Based on one previous stay (when i traveled alone) and the reviews on tripadvisor we chose the Conrad, booking an Executive Bay View Room.
Everything was just perfect from the start, efficient and friendly check in only being topped by a room (almost a suite, especially for Tokyo much bigger than average, even for a 5 star hotel) with a big WOW factor - what a stunning view of Tokyo Bay. it was so relaxing in the early morning or evening just to sit by the window and enjoy the scenery.
English Breakfast in the executive lounge offers all what you asked for - the Cappuccino was better than the one served in Gordon Ramsay's restaurant! They also have free drinks and some small snacks in the evening - well worth it after a day on the road.
Very good location of the hotel - Ginza shopping district is within a 15 minute walking distance.
Only (small) down-side: no free wireless - 24 hours is 1,500 Yen per device.

Room Tip: Make sure that you book a room with bay view, it is just stunning. if your are travelling at least w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ulrich H
We are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay here at the Conrad Tokyo!
Great to hear that you liked our spacious guest room and the stunning view over Tokyo Bay from your room.
Regarding internet access here at the Conrad Tokyo, you may be interested to know that we do provide complimentary internet access to all of our guests in our internet kiosk located on the 28th floor and in our Executive Lounge.
Furthermore, members of Hilton HHonors, our award winning guest loyalty program, will enjoy the benefit of free internet, once they reached Gold or Diamond status. If you have not done so yet, I do encourage you to sign up today to start earning points towards this membership level on our Hilton HHonors website.
Thank you for your great comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2012

As all of the reports say, the rooms are good and the service/staff are as expected of a 5 star hotel.: However the lobby bar is below average and at $25 a drink, you expect to be comfortable. Seats were awful... We were mortified at the price of dinner. In the Japanese restaurant a set dinner sushi and an additional 4 orders of sushi, 3 glasses of wine a beer - a whopping $680!!!!! Yes how much!!!????- completely overpriced and ruined our trip to be fair, we felt ripped off. We have been to many Michelin starred restaurants and ate like kings and not been ripped off that much! What 5 start hotel - which to be honest you usually book because of its included facilities like a pool do you have to pay $2500japanese Yen ( $30)_to use when you are a guest and have already paid $360 a night! Disgusting! All the charm and the great room do not make up for this..... Take out second mortgage for this hotel - It's not worth it!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank michelle G
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, Director of Operations at Conrad Tokyo, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Michelle G,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Conrad Tokyo and providing us with valuable feedback.
I was disappointed to hear you did note enjoy all aspects of your stay.

Thank you for the nice comments about our staff and the room.

The pool charge is a normal additional charge in at hotels in Japan. For your reference please kindly note that our HHonors Gold members and Diamond members are entitled to complimentary pool use.

Without knowing your full details I am unable to review your bill at the sushi counter but I am happy to do so if you wish to contact me directly on mark.meaney@conradhotels.com. Bills of this amount are quite normal for high end sushi in Tokyo. I am very confident that our sushi is on par with the best in the city in terms of quality and price.

Thank you again for sharing your comments and I hope the above will not deter you from returning to the hotel.

We look forward to serving you again in not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Mark Meaney
Director of Operations
Takamatsu, Japan
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I visited this hotel for a couple of days with my wife as a treat, and we certainly enjoyed the experience. The room was excellent, the welcome efficient and quite warm, and almost every detail met our expectations. The only exception was the lobby bar, where the cocktails were mixed by incompetents. I ordered a caparinha and it was appalling, managing both to combine incorrect ingredients with an extremely weak mix. Believe or not, the bar staff put lemonade into it... I sent this monstrosity back and ordered another cocktail, which improved slightly to just "bad." It was a shame that an otherwise excellent hotel does not have properly trained bar staff. Avoid that, go have dinner at the Ramsey instead, and enjoy your stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShaneCoughlan
Dear Shane C,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Conrad Tokyo and providing feedback on your stay.

I am happy to hear that you chose us as a treat with your wife and that you enjoyed your stay. I also read your comments regarding dinner in Gordon Ramsay at Conrad Tokyo and was glad to hear you thought it was exceptional.

I was sorry to hear about your experience at our TwentyEight Bar & Lounge. It is very rare that we receive these kinds of comments as we have an excellent team offering a wide variety of well made cocktails.
I have been reviewed your comments with the bar manager and his team to ensure that we are consistent in our offering in the future.

Should you be back in Tokyo please do not hesitate to let me know and it would be my pleasure to offer yourself and your wife a properly made Caipirinha.

We look forward to serving you again in not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Mark Meaney
Director of Operations
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I recently stayed at Conrad Tokyo for 3 nights in September.
Location is good, closed to Ginza and the Tsukiji market, walking distance.
The front desk was very helpful, switched my room from King to two twin beds
upon request. The view was beautiful at the other side of the front desk.
Breakfast and service were good in the restaurant. Room is hugh size,
quiet to sleep at night. That is a very important part for me, I need a
full sleep so that I can function well.

After I returned home, found out that I left a lip gloss in
the hotel room, I brought it new from Santa Maria Novella shop in Osaka, they
found it immediately at the lost and found department, and expressed mail
back to me. I would definately return back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank uffizi
Delighted to read your fabulous comments and we are very excited to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us.
Thank you so much for kind words for our front desk staffs and housekeeping staffs, who really appreciate your comments.
I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Conrad Tokyo soon. Thank you again.
san francisco usa
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The lobby sets the tone for this hotel...large, open spaces and lots of dark, warm wood. All the staff I encountered were friendly and competant at checkin, and throughout stay. View from lobby lounge is of a pretty green park, and river, and service and offerings in lounge are what you would expect...cool, efficient. Chinese, Gordon Ramsay and Japanese restaurants were uniformly good and predictably expensive. Sleeping rooms are large for Japan, and very comfortable. I would say the only drawbacks were furniture...which appears dated and the upholstery worn...and those vile bed strip fabric "decorations" that now substitute for full bedcovers but are equally vile and just make me think about how often they are or are not washed. Bathrooms are large and the tub takes pride of place in the room...which is great if you like baths. Unfortunately the water closet and shower are too small, and the water from the shower always leaks into the room and onto the very slippery floor. If I were to compare this to the Park Hyatt...the PH has a more dated "90s" look,
the lounge at the Conrad is definitely more comfortable, the restaurants in the Conrad are more up-to-date, the sleeping rooms in the PH are definitely less modern but the layout is much better with a walk in closet and the bathrooms though smaller have a nicer shower. I'd say the service in the PH is more personal and pleasant. Personally, I'd still rather stay in the PH.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ajwsf
Thank you very much for your feedback in such detail.
Great to hear that you liked our lobby, the magnificent view over Tokyo Bay and kind words for our staffs, who really appreciate your comments.
We are very pleased to hear that you had an pleasant stay with us overall and we certainly appreciate that you have pointed out a few issues for us to review/improve, like furniture, bedding & bath room.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo
Imperial Hotel Tokyo
#5 of 74 in Chiyoda
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,938 reviews
The Tokyo Station Hotel

Been to Conrad Tokyo? Share your experiences!