“A short break from the "City"”

Odaiba Kaihin Koen (Odaiba Seaside Park)
Book In Advance
More Info
$83.21*
and up
Tokyo by Bike: Tsukiji Market and Odaiba Including Tokyo Bay Cruise
Ranked #14 of 433 things to do in Minato
Naples, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A short break from the "City"”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I went to Odaiba during my year abroad in Japan. Since the first time I went there, it has become one of my favourite places in the Tokyo area. I got there by train, using the Yurikamome line. Actually, I think this is the best solution: not only the ticket price is quite convenient compared to the boat fares, but you can also have fun and enjoy the scenery and the big bridge during the ride.
I got off at the Odaiba Kaihinkouen Station, and after a 5 minutes walk I reached the park. You can walk along the seaside and enjoy the beach (you cannot swim, though!), or decide to take the ferry and explore Tokyo Bay. I personally decided to stay there and have a picnic with my boyfriend during daytime, and after a beautiful sunset we climbed the stairs and went to the department store district. In the evening it was quite crowded, but I thought the atmosphere was really nice. You could spot many boats in the bay with their Japanese-style lanterns, making everything shiny. After taking pictures with an interesting miniature of the Statue of Liberty and a Big Gundam, we decided to walk a little more, and so we managed to reach the Ferris Wheel (unfortunately, it was being fixed so we couldn't ride). Anyway, I highly recommend Odaiba Seaside Park if you want to spend a relaxing and slightly different day near the beach, at the same time not being too far from your everyday life in Tokyo!

Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Aurora, Colorado
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Worth it to see a different side of Tokyo.”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We visited Odaiba on a Friday afternoon; it was sunny, but chilly, so there weren't a lot of people out on the beach (except a lot of workers setting up for a professional bike race to be held there). It is a nice and pleasant walk along the water. You can get good views of the Rainbow Bridge and the main part of the City. There is some kitsch, like the huge ferris wheel and the mini Statue of Liberty. Lots of "beach" themed shopping and restaurants. There is some interesting architecture in the area: take the Yurikamome train from end to end and you will see a lot of interesting buildings. There is also a sightseeing boat you can take; it departs regularly from a prominent pier off the boardwalk.

There are a number of things to see, including a maritime museum and a number of arcades/entertainment centers. We didn't have a lot of time, but we still liked getting out there and seeing the area.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank tlowens75
Piestany, Slovakia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Relax or shopping”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This area in Tokyo "new town" located at man made island is different than "old" Tokyo. There is lots of space to walk and enjoy nice view of the bay, rainbow bridge, statue of Liberty (yes, there is one). You can walk near the seaside or to nearby Exhibition building. You can find here aqua City, shopping center and Toyota exhibition center. It is very easy to get here by taking Yurikamome line from Shimbashi station.

Visited March 2013
Tokyo, Japan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Paradise in the city...”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé office is located in odaiba so I always go there to watch sunset its so beautiful when winter and sky is clear I can see mt.Fuji. I always jogging around the park even it's cold now it's fine I just wear running suits and jacket. A lot of people go kaihinkoen, they have corner that you can picnic & eat BBQ you only have to pay ¥3000 per person for BBQ tent & food. Much better you bring your own drinks so you can save... Lot of couple also go there to watch sunset & to HHWW (Holding Hands While Walking). It's also for family kids can play on the grass with there dog, play kites, fishing etc. and the best part you don't need to pay to go to the park lol... Tomorrow I will go again there to take jogging & to see beautiful sunset...

Key West, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Get ready for a visual spectacle”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Odaiba Seaside Park is a visual spectacle. There is nothing like it in the USA, EUROPE, SOUTH AMERICA, AFRICA or Australasia.
Dining at a sushi bar, overlooking the Tokyo Bay and the lights of the city, made me happy to have one more WONDER to behold

Visited December 2013