Stayed here for 4 nights in June. The place is easy to find. I highly recommend using the elevator next to the TBS building and infront of the Akasaka Residence building. After a day of sight seeing, the last thing you want to do is climb stairs up to the hotel. The hotel is located close to Akasaka subway station, The Biz tower (filled with upmarket restaurants). There is also a supermarket called Maruetsu Petit which is fantastic for stocking up on snacks, water and meals such as Gyoza, Sushi and bento boxes for those times when you want to eat on the go. Theres also a coffee machine in the lobby for a quick pick me up.
The Room itself is nice, modern and very clean. Of course quite small compared to other places but this is Japan. I recommend getting the Twin room as I believe this is a tiny bit bigger than the double. The bathroom is great but since the wall of the bathroom is frosted glass, I would only be comfortable staying here with my husband. I would imagine some awkward moments with friends or family members. The room makes use of every inch of space and i quite liked the fit out of the room. At first small, but after a while I felt quite comfortable. Room includes tea making facilities, slippers, pyjamas, hairdryer and internet access via cable. We stayed on the 3rd floor so we could access the wifi which was convenient.
The area itself is quite safe, there's security guards around the TBS building and the biz tower and surrounding streets are quite lively cause of the restaurants. The Akasaka line isn't the most convenient as you do have to change at least one station to get to any major attraction but i guess with anywhere in Tokyo you do have to take the subway to get around. For those on the JR pass, the closest station is Shibuya which is 4kms away.
Overall a good stay in Tokyo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the hub of the business, entertainment, dining and shopping districts of cosmopolitan Akasaka. Close-by is TBS Studios, Akasaka Sacas and two major subway stations providing easy access to Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Omote Sando. A short walk away you’ll find the Imperial Palace and the popular nightlife and entertainment area of Roppongi including Roppongi Hills, Tokyo Midtown, Suntory Museum of Art and the National Art Centre. The hotel also features Image SPA facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, JAPANiCAN, Rakuten, Expedia, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your the b akasaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The b Akasaka Hotel Minato
- b Akasaka Minato
- b Akasaka Hotel Minato
- The b Akasaka Tokyo, Japan