Good hotel, clean and with a nice and efficient staff. In my opinion the location is pretty convenient, central to the main Tokyo neighbourhoods, and close to many restaurants and convenience shops, and to a subway station (Akasaka). The only problem with location is that to get there from the station you have to climb a steep (and a mean steep!) uphill street. A possible alternative is to use the Akasaka-mitsuke station which is maybe just 10 minutes farther away but serves more lines and the way is much easier.
Rooms are small, clean and well organised in the usual Japanese way (no closet or drawers), so no surprise here. I didn't like that the bathroom walls are in fact glass panels, translucent up to about 50 cm from the ceiling and transparent above this. I suppose the idea is to save space, but it's pretty inconvenient: complete lack of isolation for noise (you know, these very private and personal noises...) and light (you illuminate all the room if you use it at night, which will disturb your roommate sleep).
There's free Internet available at the lobby with both a portable PC and wifi. Free good coffee and tea are also available there.
Breakfast buffet is OK with a short selection of Japanese and western style food.
I can't comment on price/performance because we stayed as part of a package trip.
All in all, a pretty good alternative for a short stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the hub of the business, entertainment, dining and shopping districts of cosmopolitan Akasaka. Close-by is TBS Studios, Akasaka Sacas and two major subway stations providing easy access to Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Omote Sando. A short walk away you’ll find the Imperial Palace and the popular nightlife and entertainment area of Roppongi including Roppongi Hills, Tokyo Midtown, Suntory Museum of Art and the National Art Centre. The hotel also features Image SPA facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, JAPANiCAN, Travelocity, Odigeo, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your the b akasaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The b Akasaka Hotel Minato
- b Akasaka Minato
- b Akasaka Hotel Minato
- The b Akasaka Tokyo, Japan