“A taste of NYC in Tokyo”

Clinton st. Baking Company & Restaurant
Ranked #126 of 13,589 Restaurants in Minato
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

I first went to Clinton St Baking in NYC and found the Tokyo branch while trying to find a place for breakfast on TripAdvisor. Given the delicious experience in the US, we decided to try this out.
The pancakes were super delicious, just like NYC. We also got the eggs with the savory biscuit which is like an English scone. That was nothing extraordinary, but will be back for another serve of the pancakes with the maple butter for sure!
A bit expensive but then quite standard for western food options in Tokyo.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

I wouldn’t recommend their eggs Benedict. The hollandaise sauce lacked flavor and the eggs were minimally runny. Cappuccino was just ok and I didn’t appreciate the bad presentation of mottled cinnamon overdose on the cappuccino. However, the atmosphere is not bad, the glass windows gave diners nice street view.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed October 19, 2017

We stumbled upon this little gem as we were searching for an alternative to Starbucks one morning. We enjoyed our wonderful breakfast so much that we returned again for dinner a few nights later. Both experiences were very positive. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding - especially given that we had two picky eater children with us. They are known for their pancakes for a reason!

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank David F
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

Brunch here is really good, and worth the wait! Don't be put off by the long line - book ahead, but either way this is a must visit place. The service is great, the coffee is really nice (try the cappa, it's like being in LA with the cinnamon) and hot and the food is fantastic! The atmosphere is relaxed but happy and there is no rush.
If you are around Harajuku, make the effort to walk over - you won't be disappointed at all!

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Toby L
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

I went Clinton St Baking for brunch, had to wait about 20min to get a table. They have seats in the street floor and 1st floor.
I loved the menu option for 1 person! You can choose 2 dishes + 1 drink for ¥1800 (I had banana mini pancakes, smoked salmon eggs Benedict and iced tea). It was just enough for me, as I was alone and had no one to share two dishes (salty and sweet).

Date of visit: September 2016