Chisun Hotel Hamamatsucho
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$189
$171
$272
$101
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2013

staff : very find staff and good service(always smile face)
room : small but clean and comfortable
bath : very small, well...
wifi : in the robby (you can serviced black coffee in the robby)
location : very nice. you can see the tokyo tower, and close to subway station

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
チサンホテル浜松町, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Chisun Hotel Hamamatsucho, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for your comment.
We found it to be very informative.

We realized that most of our guests weren't satisfied with our bath tub and bath room, they are too small to relax.
We really apologize for it.
30 years have passed since our hotel started, I hope we could remodel a large part of our hotel and have a wide bath tub.

Again, thank you for staying our hotel and the compliment.

Front desk clerk ODA

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed in this hotel as we had an early morning ferry leaving from Takeshiba port, and didn't want to leave home at 5 in the morning to make it. We checked in without fuss, and found a business/shopping centre 5 minutes away for dinner. At check in, the attendant confirmed that we had booked a "semi-double" room, when I had booked a double room. That got me a bit worried because a semi-double room is typically barely smaller than a single bed. However, ther was no problem; it's pretty unremarkable, but I had no real complaints about the room.

It's located alongside the train line, but the windows were apparently fitted with double glazing, I didn't notice any noise. With the window open, yes, there is a whole bunch of noise. The room got stuffy overnight, so I did open the window in the morning, which is when I noticed the noise.

Some people mention there not being enough room, but I think that the room was pretty standard when it comes to business hotels in Japan. I have certainly stayed in smaller.

We only stayed for the one night, and didn't bother having breakfast as we were leaving so early. Checked out with no fuss and made our ferry on time, which was all we were after. If we decide to take another weekend trip to the Izu islands and find ourselves in need of accommodation for a night, this hotel would be a good option.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
チサンホテル浜松町, お客様担当マネージャー at Chisun Hotel Hamamatsucho, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for your informative observations.

We sell double room but the bed size is the same as semi-double, that surely confused you.

We also regret that many customers have complained about the noise of trains, we should notice how to reduce it as you mentioned.

Your advise will be usufulin helping usimprove our service.

Front desk clerk ODA

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed for 6 nights on business and its very basic for a "real" hotel. For UK readers, the rooms are about the same size and layout as a cabin on an overnight ferry, complete with "modular" bathroom. There's not enough room to store let alone hang a weeks worth of clothes, even on the floor. The aircon didn't seem to do anything.

Normally I'd spend my time in the bar but there isn't one. The Internet is wired but free in the room.

The in-house breakfast was good (Japanese and Western tastes catered for) but its cheaper to use one of the many places elsewhere (eg station, office), especially if you like the Japanese type.The location is pretty quiet at night (trains and monorail excepted), theres McDonalds and some more traditional places to eat in the office block opposite, also theTapas bar at Mita and Babbit at Hinode station were nice but otherwise you have to go elsewhere for entertainment / eats. The convenience store on the corner is good if you get the munchies...

Room Tip: At the back are the train lines so the front is probably quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My son and I grabbed this hotel at the last minute on a Friday afternoon after having an unexpected flight change.

The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from HamamatsuCho station (home of the Pokemon Shop, joy of joys). Check in was good, and the staff were very welcoming.

The rooms are typical 80's/90's Japanese business hotel - tiny, with drop in pre-fab bathrooms. If you like a bit of space, this is not the hotel for you.

There is no in room WiFi, but it's available for free in the lobby.

The major issue here is sleep quality. The rooms overlook (and when I say that, I mean stick-your-head-out-the-window-and-you'll-lose-it distance) 8 major railway lines, including the Shinkansen. There is a train roaring past your window at a distance of a couple of meters every two minutes or so between 5am and 1am. While the 4 hours between those times are quiet and sleep is possible, you can forget it while the trains are running.

Being partial to more than a few hours sleep a night, I won't be staying here again!

Room Tip: There is absolutely no point in getting a room facing the railway lines. You will not sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ian_Pratt
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I enjoyed staying in this hotel. The rooms are very good value. The superior single room I stayed in was very comfortable and clean. I stayed in the hotel for almost ten nights and was happy with the hotel for the duration of my stay. The staff are courteous and attentive and can respond to any problem with professionalism and care. I would gladly stay at this hotel on my next business trip.
I did not try their restaurant because there are many good dining options near the hotel, including a wonderful Canadian bagel cafe called Poco Bagel.

Room Tip: the Ladies Room offers some nice things such as bath salts and herbal teas...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business