No photo provided
Adrian, Michigan
1,300 restaurant reviews
“Great Find”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you like Turkish food, this is a great place to have dinner when in Omote-Sando. I stumbled upon this place almost by accident as the placard on Aoyama Dori caught my eye. I had not started out to find a Turkish restaurant but was happy to give it a try. It was a quarter block down the alleyway and on the second floor. The interior was a little cozy and appropriately decorated. I was greeted in Japanese style and was seated right away by the window. The service was prompt and friendly all night as I came in for dinner a little early and it was not yet busy. I did not have to wait long for anything I ordered. I started with the Patlican Ezme, a blend of eggplant, tomatoes, yogurt and garlic. I also ordered Turkish bread to go with it and it came hot out of the oven. The Ezme was superb as a dip for the bread and it provided a great start for the meal. For my main, I ordered the Doner Kebap which consisted of a huge portion of sliced beef that had been cooked on a rotating spit. It came with a small serving of rice, fresh carrots, lettuce, onions and a very tasty sauce. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The menu was packed with several other Turkish delights and I would not mind coming back to sample more items. The prices were quite normal for Tokyo and worth every yen I paid. I would highly recommend this place if you are in Omote-Sando and enjoy this type of fare.

• Visited July 2013

Travelers who viewed Turkish Cuisine Alaturca Aoyama、Turkish Cafe & Restaurant Tokyo; also viewed