“Definition of "UMAMI" can be found right here, Andrew Zimmern”

Kobe Beef Kaiseki 511
Ranked #5 of 10,790 Restaurants in Minato
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse, Asian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Description: Winter Vacation : 12/29(Mon)~1/4(Sun) Sunday and National holiday are closed.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Definition of "UMAMI" can be found right here, Andrew Zimmern”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

If you watch Travel Channel or Food Network, you hear the words "umami" from critics so many times but you don't know what it is.
I found it here. I wish Andrew Zimmern and Anthony Bourdain (I respect them a great deal) were here to agree with me. It's just impossible to explain how much each dish amuses my tongue, as well as my eyes. Also, the smell was so appetizing (cause' I tend to smell foods before I eat). Love Kobe steak here (clever idea on "soy sauce mousse" for the steak). No question, we cannot get real Kobe beef in the US (especially here serves champion Kobe's and I think it's illegal to import any beef to the US now). Oh, and I have to say that I give kudos to whoever chef is in charge of soups here. This is real "umami" in those dashi and impeccable choice of veggies go in there as well.
Love full bodied red vino from Kenzo estate in Napa, which was introduced by GM there (super nice guy!).
Whole experience here was awesome, which is complemented by great service by staff. This starts as we are seeing the signage of the restaurant, and until we step up those stairs to ground level. I wanna go back there again on my next visit to Tokyo.

Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
Lisbon, Portugal
“For meat lovers”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Several reviews made me think this was probably the best place to try Kobe beef in Tokyo.
Beautiful restaurant, absolutely delicious food, perfect service.
Pricy? Yes, but you can spend much less going here for lunch (the meal we had would have costed us three times more at dinner).
As for the meat... let us just say my dessert was a another beef entrée. Not that I needed it I was perfectly fine with my meal, but the meat was so delicious I had to have some more.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Joao_PT
“Casual lunch”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed not in the area & took a while to find this place, but it was totally worth it! Let's not forget I had a 'Chef lunch Set' menu while my wife had '120gram Kobe beef steak set' both are great.The BEEF is just very good

3 Thank Putra N
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“speechless”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

we were looking on Trip Advisor for a good Kobe Beef restaurant in Tokyo and we stumbled upon 511. Funny enough it was just 10min walk from our hotel, so we just showed up around 9.30pm on a weekday. No problems to find a table, we were welcomed and assigned a table within 2 minutes.

we ordered the Japanese 8 dish dinner (13000). It absolutely meet and exceeded expectations. I have travelled the world and this beef is the best beef I have ever tried!!

it is a must to have once in your life if you can afford it. totally worth the money!!

service was impeccable by the way. best dining experience.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank eddiecreagh
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Wonderful meal”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband, son, and I had one of the best meals we have ever had in a restaurant at 511. The Kobe beef was spectacular and perfectly cooked. Given the other reviews, we ordered the more basic meal instead of the nine course meal. 150 grams of Kobe beef is plenty because it's so very rich. The service was wonderful--we had a particularly charming waitress, but all the staff were looking out for us.

One nice thing was that the waitress asked if there were foods we were allergic to or didn't like. My husband does not like seafood (hard if you're in Japan), and with the salad they gave him beef instead of sashimi, which made him happy. My son and I loved the sashimi. The soup was a beef stew (made with skirt steak), which was so very, very good. The main course was perfectly grilled sirloin. The vegetables were simple and lovely.

The decor was lovely. And the directions from the subway were perfect.

Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely. I'm an excellent cook and could not have done better.

• Visited December 2013