“Casual lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kobe Beef Kaiseki 511
Ranked #5 of 10,866 Restaurants in Minato
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Description: Winter Vacation : 12/29(Mon)~1/4(Sun) Sunday and National holiday are closed.
“Casual lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed not in the area & took a while to find this place, but it was totally worth it! Let's not forget I had a 'Chef lunch Set' menu while my wife had '120gram Kobe beef steak set' both are great.The BEEF is just very good

3 Thank Putra N

• Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“speechless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

we were looking on Trip Advisor for a good Kobe Beef restaurant in Tokyo and we stumbled upon 511. Funny enough it was just 10min walk from our hotel, so we just showed up around 9.30pm on a weekday. No problems to find a table, we were welcomed and assigned a table within 2 minutes.

we ordered the Japanese 8 dish dinner (13000). It absolutely meet and exceeded expectations. I have travelled the world and this beef is the best beef I have ever tried!!

it is a must to have once in your life if you can afford it. totally worth the money!!

service was impeccable by the way. best dining experience.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank eddiecreagh
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband, son, and I had one of the best meals we have ever had in a restaurant at 511. The Kobe beef was spectacular and perfectly cooked. Given the other reviews, we ordered the more basic meal instead of the nine course meal. 150 grams of Kobe beef is plenty because it's so very rich. The service was wonderful--we had a particularly charming waitress, but all the staff were looking out for us.

One nice thing was that the waitress asked if there were foods we were allergic to or didn't like. My husband does not like seafood (hard if you're in Japan), and with the salad they gave him beef instead of sashimi, which made him happy. My son and I loved the sashimi. The soup was a beef stew (made with skirt steak), which was so very, very good. The main course was perfectly grilled sirloin. The vegetables were simple and lovely.

The decor was lovely. And the directions from the subway were perfect.

Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely. I'm an excellent cook and could not have done better.

2 Thank Karen W
Vancouver, Canada
“10/10 Service but 6/10 Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Ahhhh Kobe beef. The king of all beefs. I'll keep this review short since there isn't really a lot to talk about. I have tried some of the best and worst beefs in Japan and this one definitely falls short. Overpriced and bland. I even doubt the authenticity of the beef itself. At least the service was great and the staff were nice. 10/10 Service but 6/10 Food.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Michael Q
Zurich, Switzerland
“Perfect Steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

We went to 511 for lunch and ordered the sirloin steak. It was reasonably priced at JPY 5,000 and tasted simply outstanding! The steak came with a small potato/egg dish that was very good as well. Santory (premium malts) beer made the meal perfect.

• 4 of 5 bubbles